Ok, my first thread posting. I'm going to do a bit of re-jetting on my Holley and want experienced info input. Why I came here, I dunno, guess I got lost. (Just kidding folks :smile: )
Here's baseline:
Engine: 454, .565" lift Hyd cam, RPM Air Gap manifold. stock iron heads.
Est. by Desktop Dyno 400HP@5000 468lbft torque to 4600. Also running 150HP N2O system (since '78 but not triggered yet on rebuild/upgrades --- break-in)
Holley 4150, 700 CFM, 66 Pri jets, 76 Sec jets, 6.5" power valve, 30cc pump pri, 50cc pump secc.
Ran plug mixture & heat range blast yesterday. Mixture looks perfect (slightly lean) and R44T plugs looked just right for temp. Was almost a mile run flat out.
The orriginal setup ran a stock cast iron manifold & less (factory) cam with the nitrous since '79, never a problem.
I have discussed some of my planning with a nearby experienced jet man for advice as well.
Plan:
Block off power valve, Up jetting 6 sizes (been advised 4 to 6) to 72 and 82. I want to richen up just a tad as a cushion with the Nitrous)
Run R43T plugs, one step colder than the 44's. The boat has been running 43's perfectly but so happens I had gotten 44's for the WFO run test. Also a cooler plug as a cushion against being a hot spot with the Nitrous.