Thread: Castaic Boat Races

BlownChevy
    Hey, does anyone now when the drag boat races are coming to castaic??? Any info would be great....thanks
    Logan

jet4fun
    i dont think they are gonna be in castaic this year. propably in light of the htm crash. i looked in all the dragracing schedules, and didnt see anything about castaic. i would love it if someone proved me wrong though, its the closest lake to my house.

Kurtis500
    It is not on the schedule and I have e-mailed back and forth with IQMotorsports about the event. They told me to check back in late May/June to confirm. Its not out for sure yet, but dont count on it. We raced there last year and had a blast and would easily go again. I have sent them messages encouraging them to put the race on again but I think they took it in the rear on last years race with the low attendance by paying fans. I dont think it was advertised very well, or at all for that matter. They had 3 races as a promoter last year and are doing only 1 this year. You can do everyone a favor by e-mailing them and telling them you want to see Castaic again this year. Try these howard@direcway.com and info@iqmotorsports.com
    I would love to race there again in September. Everyone e-mail them. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    Also, the decision to race or not at Castaic was made before the HTM crash. We race on lower Castaic, and the accident happened at the upper lake I believe.

Bense468
    yeah the september event tenative on where it is at. Hopefully Castaic I went last year and had fun.

Kurtis500
    It was fun. We all went to Magic Mountain the Thursday before the race and also Friday night after testing. Lots of fun, and all the kids are in school that time of year so no waiting on almost everything.

BlownChevy
    I looked on the schedule too and didnt see anything for castaic, or any lake close.... i live close to castaic... i doubt they would race at piru but who knows...
    i really dont think they advertised it that well either i think i found out when i was going up the hill to the upper lake and i heard that awesome sound... o well ill send em' a e-mail... thanks and bye
    Logan