Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compliments to Hot Boat Mag!!

Nash
    Mike Fryy's Kurtis on the cover is a sweet looking hydro, the babe doesn't hurt either. I commend you, Kevin, for the continued effort help us to understand why the HTM boys and others, do what they do. Your statment about safety concers is dead on, just look at the "reader rides," at HBs site. I saw maybe 5 people wearing vests, proving your correct in your assesment, looking cool, costs lives.
    Thanks for, once again, bringing to the forefront the need for increased boater respect. It gets old having some guy, in a obviously sweet fast "big," boat, run up past you at 80-90, less than 100' away, leaving you to deal with a massive swell in a matter of seconds. It seems the theme is a dedication to the cost of quality boat manufacturing. This is all before you get past "Fry like an Eagle." Kudos!

sandblasted
    I sent in my subscription 3-4 weeks ago...Received an invoice yesterday for the $26...So I don't even have the new issue yet..Probably have to buy it at the magazine stand again...It will be interesting to see what shows up 1st...The mag or the t-shirt!

Costello
    Originally posted by Nash:
    ...... just look at the "reader rides," at HBs site. I saw maybe 5 people wearing vests, proving your correct in your assesment, looking cool, costs lives.
    Nash, I'm with you 100%, but here's the BIGGER issue. (I think this is a great place to put it because all of the Hot Boat staff will want to read the backslapping for the good issue and perhaps take note http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif) Many people who read Hot Boat get their whole concept of "Hot Boating" from the magazine. They see 40+ year old fat guys running what appears to be "balls out" with some massive titted babes on board. Do these people EVER have any vests on? Hell no!!! If Hot Boat magazine as an entity cares about promoting safety, IMHO, the best thing they could possibly do is start teaching by example. While I am aware that many of those photos are shot at 30 mph, the average Joe thinks "Hey they're in a boat that does 92 mph and they aren't wearing vests, I don't need to mine only goes 80!". So come on Hot Boat, lead by example and show the world vests ARE cool. Sure we'll miss the titties in the action shots, but there is always room for that in the still photos. Anything short of adopting this type of approach in the magazine is bordering on hypocrisy in my book.
    [This message has been edited by Costello (edited March 16, 2002).]

DickDanger
    I have to agree that I am WAY more impressed with this issue, than many of the others, and here is why:
    1. The restoration projects were cool to read about.
    2. The HTM "How fast is too fast?" article was great.
    3. As usual, the babes..need I say more?
    4. The classic boats in there was also very welcome reading
    5. The only thing that made me want to puke was that ugly a$$ lime green/yellow boat in there....that old fart may have money, but no taste...GUH!!! -DD out

LVjetboy
    DD, you're right on about the lime green elephant. Besides that, it would clash w/ my orange drinks...especially after one too many http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif But it was UNIQUE in a corny Batman versus the Joker sorta way. Guys at work just said, "What the h*ll was that guy thinking??" Shock factor I suppose...but it got HB's attention...
    Taste aside, this issue's way better than recent, and for that I thank Hot Boat Magazine and the people in the staff making it happen!
    Hot boat article mix of:
    Big......8
    Small...10
    Cover picture and feature: Now THAT's what I'm talking about! And this from a jet dude??
    Harlem, I think HBM heard our cry. I've read this issue from cover-to-cover (except BK's "Hot Sheet" which I skipped) and although includes a good mix of small hot boats, I sensed a editorial undercurrent defending big boat coverage.
    Summerized by Brian Davidson's comment (p63/64), "It was clear that everyone in the group <my comment: mostly big boats> was a Hot Boat Magazine reader, because all the boats present were quality performance boats that had been advertised and evaluated in Hot Boat at one time or another."
    Hmmm...now that's an interesting comment...
    Anyway, I truly hope this isn't just a thrown bone for us "hard core" old time low buck guys, and that we'll see more "small" True Hot Boat coverage in the future.
    Sincerely,
    jer
    [This message has been edited by LVjetboy (edited March 17, 2002).]

regattajboat
    Anyone out there have a link or address
    for a subsciption.
    Thanks,Mac.
    regat69@aol.com
    [This message has been edited by regattajboat (edited March 17, 2002).]

Stab-n-Steer
    Go to their home page and scroll down. There is a link to the subscription form... They stiffed me on my t-shirt also...
    S&S

HavasuDreamin'
    Great issue! Good job, this one will not be filed away for a while! Already been through the entire mag, and I just got it couple of days ago! Nice work HB http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

bratprince
    Wow, i just got my april issue and I have to say thumbs up, and now I gotta finish fixing up the old boat....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123