Thread: Positive Crankcase ventilation yes or no?

Mighty Thor
    I have a marine Edelbrock Performer 750 carb on my 460 ford and it does not have any provisions for vacume advance or for a PVC valve. For what ever reason the engine has enough blowby that it puts oil out of the dipstick tube and out of the breathers. Not a whole lot, but enough to make stuff messy in the bilge and under the hood. I could plumb the carb for the pvc or do something else (I remember something about capture tanks for oil overflow) Is there any reason why I shouldn't run a pvc valve. This is a family boat and I will rarely see 4000 rpm. Suggestions please.

Wicked Performance Boats
    No reason, put it on. but sooner or later you'll need to rebuild the engine. Budlight

steelcomp
    Find an early Ford carb spacer with the vac. port. They came on late 60's four barrel motors, and fit standard flange Holleys. Also works as a 1" carb spacer. It was made for a PCV valve. BL's right...you'll have to solve the problem sooner or later. PVC is a bandaid.

sanger rat
    Like Steepcomp said. A 1 inch carb spacer, drill and tap it for a barb fitting.

Mighty Thor
    I probably have a half dozen of them laying around already and It never occured to me to drill one. Thats why this group is the greatest, cause you is all so smart!

EXTREMEBOATS
    If your running a after market intake you may have a port there. If not go with the spacer.Mike :hammerhea