Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XM radio installation in OC.

Ultracrazy
    Want to install xm radio in my Ultra.........it has an xm radio "ready" head unit. Anyone know who installs in OC and the appx. cost??

Ultrafied
    Nice avatar Ultra Crazy !!! I love it!

phebus
    Who makes the head unit?

Throttle
    Who makes the head unit?
    Head, did you say head?

Throttle
    Who makes the head unit?
    Hey RS, howz it? give a call when your done getting head (therapy).

Ultracrazy
    Nice avatar Ultra Crazy !!! I love it!
    opps.......hehehe.......sorry.......haven't taken any good picks of mine yet.....same boat......different graphics :hammerhea
    I believe the unit is a panasonic.......does it matter? I know it's xm ready.

chub
    Howzit???? No idea who could do the work. How you been?

Ultracrazy
    Doing well dude........and you? Going out this weekend? Might be there out the 13t - 15th.

K9Blitz
    I just had xm installed in my truck with an XM ready head unit. AL/Ed's in H.B. charged me $50 for labor. I bought the equipt myself at BestBuy. I only had them install it because I was not familiar with the dash disassemble ect. otherwise I would have done it.
    If you are not going to do the plug and play, you will need to buy a brand specific Adapter for who ever makes your head unit. I think Ultra uses Kraco stereo's or whatever is on sale at Chief Auto Parts. (just kidding). Then you need to buy a Universal XM Tuner (comes with antenna). The adapter is small and allows you to connect the tuner to your head unit. The tuner is about 4"x5"x3/4" and comes with the antenna that plugs into it. You can buy both of these at Best Buy for about $100. Both products are made by Terk. Super easy install since your stereo is easily accessed. We could do it in the time it would take to hook up your trailer. I'm hear for you if you want to self install. You might not want a "permanent" antenna mounted on your new g-ride thought.

Ultracrazy
    I just had xm installed in my truck with an XM ready head unit. AL/Ed's in H.B. charged me $50 for labor. I bought the equipt myself at BestBuy. I only had them install it because I was not familiar with the dash disassemble ect. otherwise I would have done it.
    If you are not going to do the plug and play, you will need to buy a brand specific Adapter for who ever makes your head unit. I think Ultra uses Kraco stereo's or whatever is on sale at Chief Auto Parts. (just kidding). Then you need to buy a Universal XM Tuner (comes with antenna). The adapter is small and allows you to connect the tuner to your head unit. The tuner is about 4"x5"x3/4" and comes with the antenna that plugs into it. You can buy both of these at Best Buy for about $100. Both products are made by Terk. Super easy install since your stereo is easily accessed. We could do it in the time it would take to hook up your trailer. I'm hear for you if you want to self install. You might not want a "permanent" antenna mounted on your new g-ride thought.
    I think I'm going go the Roady route......seems simple. Like you :smile:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast