Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5th wheel toy box or Travel trailer toy box?

SCUBA STEVE
    Sweet Daytime Only and I can go skinny dipping during the day of course :rollside:
    That is a classic name! Its funny but a lot of the time it is true. But watch out when she actually is awake. :2purples:

MAINEVENT
    That is a classic name! Its funny but a lot of the time it is true. But watch out when she actually is awake. :2purples:
    OK maybe thrid time is a charm so next time we party i am spiking her drink with a shit loat of red bull :coffeycup

Sleek-Jet
    I used to drag around at 36' fifth wheel, and now that I've moved that monster travel trailer I bought, I can honestly say there isn't much difference when running down the road.
    Other than being able to jacknife the truck in parking lots with the fifth wheel, if don't see any difference.
    Also, on the plus side, I won't have a fifth wheel hitch in the bed of the truck either (though you can get around this by putting in a goose-neck hitch).

SCUBA STEVE
    OK maybe thrid time is a charm so next time we party i am spiking her drink with a shit loat of red bull :coffeycup
    Well you were there the one time she was awake... even though she did want to go to sleep, something just wouldnt let her.

SCUBA STEVE
    I used to drag around at 36' fifth wheel, and now that I've moved that monster travel trailer I bought, I can honestly say there isn't much difference when running down the road.
    Other than being able to jacknife the truck in parking lots with the fifth wheel, if don't see any difference.
    Also, on the plus side, I won't have a fifth wheel hitch in the bed of the truck either (though you can get around this by putting in a goose-neck hitch).
    What about for the long haul? 6 plus hours in tow.

pixilatedpussy
    A friend of mine is looking into buying one.
    What are the pro's & con's of both? He is looking at a 26'-30'
    Towing to Havi, Yosemite, and I would assume glamis, from La Mirada CA.
    Towing w/a F350 crew cab deisel.
    Thanks in advance.
    5th wheel...better turning ratio...and it tows nicely! We have a 38ft...my hubby drives an F350 deisel also!

PHX ATC
    True!! How is the new house?
    Not to derail this topic, but good, thanks! I still have yet to hook up with you...someday...beer's still cold in the fridge, although I must cycle through it to make sure it's fresh!

Sleek-Jet
    What about for the long haul? 6 plus hours in tow.
    I've got a weight distributing hitch, so I don't motor boat down the road. It seems to stay in behind the truck just fine and cross-winds don't bother it to much...
    Long huals are more about what your towing with and how it's set up. The longer the wheel base the better. Crew cab long beds are a pain in the ass around town, but they make pulling large trailers nice...

SCUBA STEVE
    Not to derail this topic, but good, thanks! I still have yet to hook up with you...someday...beer's still cold in the fridge, although I must cycle through it to make sure it's fresh!
    lol... when ever your schedule clears up let us know, havent been down to QC area yet. Glad to hear things are going good.
    Thanks again for everyones input.

riverroyal
    I had a 30ft fleetwood gearbox toy hauler,tow behind,it was ok to tow,the wind pushed it around some,it was triple axle that helped,plus you need some type of sway control,i suggest REESE dual cam HP set up,works great,I have one for sale off the trailer,tongue weight was alot,I needed air bags....Now I have a weekend warrior 37ft 5th wheel,its much better,tows like a dream,it does have alot of hitch weight,or bed weight,I think its 2000 pds dry,I have a F250 4X4 long bed 6.0 diesel,I need air bags,but it tows great ,the wind doesnt push it around as bad,turns better,I will never own a tow behind again.Go big,if you dont you will soon,the fifth wheel bathroom and bed room up front is priceless.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast