Thread: Spark Plug readings with new gas?????????

FoMoCo
    Can anybody get a good Spark plug reading using Ca. Gas? I was told by MPD that it was not possible. So I was thinking of gettin a little AV Gas to do the final tuning in the carbs?? Whatcha Think?

If that were true then the guys running alcohol would be lost. Read plugs like you would on an alcohol engine, check the heat tracks [discoloration] on the plug threads, usually 2 to 3 threads. Check the heat bluing on the ground electrode and always check for signs of detonation on the porcelin [sp]

Hey FoMoCo, Racing Ray had a good post on this subject here: http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001953.html
    It's about 1/2 way down on the first page.

77charger
    same godamn thing im going thru pipes are black from previous runs plugs are white(ca.gas)av gas will give you a gray color thats what i usually run but have trouble getting it here.(wont sell at the local airport so i have to sneak in and not really good times to do so anymORE)Try getting a few gallons of leaded race fuel and go from there that is my next step will be pricey but less than a new motor.BTW fomoco i got my valve train squared away and all is goo thanks.I WIL HAVE TO MAKE A TRIP UP THERE THIS YEAR.