Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinking feeling at CFW

BrianS
    For those of you who don't know me, i own the 21' Daytona (jet) that came pretty close to sinking at CFW Saturday. I'm writing this little note to thank, and extend my deepest gratitude to all those who helped me once i made it to shore. Unfortunatly i did'nt really know many of you, and you all helped a fellow boater in need. Just goes to show, it does'nt matter what kind of boat you own, whether it be v-drive, jet, o/b, or i/o, the boating community has some of the kindest hearted people out there. I'm happy to say my boat was running with no problems within the next hour thanks to Jock, Dave C, the Lema Bros, and Mark Gaveron. Too bad i could'nt find those special hook bolts for the inspection cover, otherwise it would have been on the water again that same night.
    Once again, thank you all very, very much. You all know who you are.

Kindsvater Flat
    I have some of it on video Brian. My son was helping bail out water. I'm just glad with quick thinking you got it to shore. Could have been alot worse.

Mrs. Restless22
    :jawdrop:
    You sunk the boat???
    I gotta get the gossip from Ron!!
    Glad your okay

BrianS
    You should be very proud of your son Kinsvater, and proud of yourself for the way you've raised him. After i got to thinking about it later on, i realized just how lucky i really was. If that happened out in the middle of Berryessa or some other big lake, it would have been bye, bye.

olbiezer
    just out of couriosity .......how did u get sunk? u get swamped or what?

Sangster
    Blew the cleanout cover off the jet.......

SANGER-RICH
    I have some of it on video Brian. My son was helping bail out water. I'm just glad with quick thinking you got it to shore. Could have been alot worse.
    I looked for you ran the yellow boat up and down the shore line, walked around at the cove on land [ cant walk on water yet] and could not find you we had some beers to tip :hammerhea

Kindsvater Flat
    You should be very proud of your son Kinsvater, and proud of yourself for the way you've raised him. After i got to thinking about it later on, i realized just how lucky i really was. If that happened out in the middle of Berryessa or some other big lake, it would have been bye, bye.
    Thanks. But you know 99.9% of the time everyone will lend a helping hand when needed. And yes you were damn lucky you were only about 50 yrds when you caught it.
    Video (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/sink.wmv)

Kindsvater Flat
    I looked for you ran the yellow boat up and down the shore line, walked around at the cove on land [ cant walk on water yet] and could not find you we had some beers to tip :hammerhea
    Should have just asked around for K-Flat. We had the easyup next to sangster and were camped about 20 yrds from that.

olbiezer
    darn that has to be the worst thing that can happen to a squirt boat......squirting water in but not out!!!!!! glad it all worked out for ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast