Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diet Soda Can Make You Fat

ROZ
    I put 5lbs of sugar and 30oz of creamer in a pot of coffee, and the craff to work. Do you think there may be any ramifications ?

JustMVG
    Ah.....I thought you were talking about blood sugar.....which is turned to energy, which is calories.
    I totally agree with the second half of your statement though. You can get your daily calories other ways if you are not getting them from your drinks, but you have to be careful not to over do it. 32oz of regular soda is nearly 400 calories though.
    RTJas
    Put out more energy than you put in and you'll lose weight, bottom line!!!
    And the sugars the body converts do eventually get into the bloodstream and are regulated by the pancreas which makes the insulin to regulate the bodies sugar levels. Had to go to a diabete's seminar with the wife and learned me a bunch o stuff.
    Whew now i gotta go have a diet Pepsi. And a 4x4 with fries, thanks Roz!!! You just had to put In N Out on the screen , thanks.

RiverToysJas
    Put out more energy than you put in and you'll lose weight, bottom line!!!
    That's how I've lost 30 pounds so far this year.
    RTJas

Boozer
    RTJas
    How much better do you feel? I've lost 40 lbs since January and Holy Sh*t what a difference!

Boozer
    RTJas
    Oh yeah Congrats!

mickeyfinn
    I think the key to this study is the fact that if you look around you most of the people who are drinking diet drinks already have some level of being overweight in their history. Also how many times have you been to the convienence store and seen some 400 lb porker by a candy bar and a diet drink. The key to losing weight is as stated above, "burn more energy than you consume". There are some people who started drinking diet drinks to avoid gaining weight and got to the point they preferred them over regular, there are some people who drink diet drinks for other reasons like diabetes. Bottom line is there is no "magic" to losing weight. you have to work at it. EVERYONE who is overweight could overcome it by exercise alone, as long as you burn more than you eat. And before some of you porkers out there start flaming away at being insensitive towards fat folk, I am talking to myself as well. I know I need to lose weight, I know that there is no substitute for energy and I know that controlling your intake is part of it, however losing weight is just like quitting smoking, no one can do it unless they actually want too. And I don't mean that they would like to lose it, I mean WANT IT!!. Enough to work for it. For a lot of us we are so busy "working" for a living doing jobs that don't provide the needed amount of activity that we don't have time to "work out" to keep our weight down, at least that is what we tell ourselves. Any one of us could find the time to "work out", we just don't.

BarryMac
    I put 5lbs of sugar and 30oz of creamer in a pot of coffee, and the craff to work. Do you think there may be any ramifications ?
    Yeap, you'll end up with Tom Brown syndrome, you'll have to do your most important posting while sitting on the toilet making a very mushy sewer pickle...

Boozer
    I think the key to this study is the fact that if you look around you most of the people who are drinking diet drinks already have some level of being overweight in their history. Also how many times have you been to the convienence store and seen some 400 lb porker by a candy bar and a diet drink. The key to losing weight is as stated above, "burn more energy than you consume". There are some people who started drinking diet drinks to avoid gaining weight and got to the point they preferred them over regular, there are some people who drink diet drinks for other reasons like diabetes. Bottom line is there is no "magic" to losing weight. you have to work at it. EVERYONE who is overweight could overcome it by exercise alone, as long as you burn more than you eat. And before some of you porkers out there start flaming away at being insensitive towards fat folk, I am talking to myself as well. I know I need to lose weight, I know that there is no substitute for energy and I know that controlling your intake is part of it, however losing weight is just like quitting smoking, no one can do it unless they actually want too. And I don't mean that they would like to lose it, I mean WANT IT!!. Enough to work for it. For a lot of us we are so busy "working" for a living doing jobs that don't provide the needed amount of activity that we don't have time to "work out" to keep our weight down, at least that is what we tell ourselves. Any one of us could find the time to "work out", we just don't.
    It's to bad there isn't a way for overweight people to spend one single day in a healthy persons body. If it were possible, I think more people would get into shape and take the neccessary measures to keep themselves in shape.

ROZ
    Yeap, you'll end up with Tom Brown syndrome, you'll have to do your most important posting while sitting on the toilet making a very mushy sewer pickle...
    Yep, Hammerdown is my mentor...

HocusPocus
    i only drink water. it took me almost 2 1/2 weeks to kick the soda caffeine habit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast