Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black1975????????

oldbuck40
    That's pretty good!! Sharks....
    Hows things? Looks like everybody getting their bugs worked out before the weekend, that's good. doing ok here! enjoyed hanging out with ya at somerville,we will definately have to do it again!

TexasJet
    Greaser, I'll be up there Friday night. See ya Saturday. I think BigMo will be there also. I hope to get a ride in his boat Friday night. :2purples:

Devilman
    doing ok here! enjoyed hanging out with ya at somerville,we will definately have to do it again!
    Copy that!! I ordered some of those high falutin copper header gaskets today. Should have 'em by the weekend... Maybe I'll have a little $ left over so I can put some gas in it & see how good those gaskets work...

oldbuck40
    Copy that!! I ordered some of those high falutin copper header gaskets today. Should have 'em by the weekend... Maybe I'll have a little $ left over so I can put some gas in it & see how good those gaskets work... hey devilman check the header flange with a straight edge to see if its good and flat b/4 you install the new gaskets and also put a thin coat of the orange high heat silicone on both sides of the gasket! i know some people think its a waste of time and doesnt do anything but it does help keep them from leaking... just my .02

Greaser
    tell ya you've done some nice work on that engine since i saw it last at indian lodge,,looking real sharp
    Thanks, now if I can only get it to run as good as it looks. :rollside:

Greaser
    Greaser, I'll be up there Friday night. See ya Saturday. I think BigMo will be there also. I hope to get a ride in his boat Friday night. :2purples:
    Cool, I plan on getting there right after noon on Saturday. Maybe I could sweet talk Big mo into giving me a ride also. :hammerhea Man, I bet he burned up some gas last weekend.
    Where ya wanna meet up at?

Devilman
    hey devilman check the header flange with a straight edge to see if its good and flat b/4 you install the new gaskets and also put a thin coat of the orange high heat silicone on both sides of the gasket! i know some people think its a waste of time and doesnt do anything but it does help keep them from leaking... just my .02
    You mean that Copper-Coat stuff? or is there a high heat silicone in a tube(RTV)? Hell, the header I took off is outside in the back a my truck.... I guess I could check that out right now.

oldbuck40
    You mean that Copper-Coat stuff? or is there a high heat silicone in a tube(RTV)? Hell, the header I took off is outside in the back a my truck.... I guess I could check that out right now.yea kenny the high heat rtv silicone! its orange or red depending on the brand. my first taylor ss had logs on it and it leaked all the time till a guy showed me that trick! thats been years ago and i've been doing it since and to this day i havent had a problem...

Devilman
    yea kenny the high heat rtv silicone! its orange or red depending on the brand. my first taylor ss had logs on it and it leaked all the time till a guy showed me that trick! thats been years ago and i've been doing it since and to this day i havent had a problem...
    :idea:
    I wonder what happens when I get out there to check that flange, and it's warped.... :jawdrop:

BigMo
    Cool, I plan on getting there right after noon on Saturday. Maybe I could sweet talk Big mo into giving me a ride also. :hammerhea Man, I bet he burned up some gas last weekend.
    Where ya wanna meet up at?
    Oh yea fellas i burned up some fuel..LOL.. But hey I bought a boat and put that engine in it to run the crap out of it.. LOL.. at least my dad was there with me to go in half on the gas cause man ole man it was a bunch. You guys dont have to SWEET talk me to get a ride, just come and jump in. We need to meet up again this weekend. Let me know where.
    Mo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast