Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black1975????????

oldbuck40
    :idea:
    I wonder what happens when I get out there to check that flange, and it's warped.... :jawdrop:most likely their not going to be warped unless they have been droped on the flange,,bassett right? they have a good thick flange. the best thing about headers is they can be slightly warped and you can still pull them up flat when you tighten everything up,unlike a log it doestn give like the flange on a header! i think you should be ok with the standard gaskets and the rtv,,just be sure the head is fairly clean and no oil on the exhaust ports where the silicone will be. one other trick when it seems like all else has failed is to silicone 2 gaskets together and put them both on that side,they will crush enough when tightened to seal it...

Devilman
    Mo, I never got to meet ya! We waved at ya when we unloaded, you guys were tent camping if I'm not mistaken. I saw you make one pass past the beach there, where we were tied up. Boat sure sounded & looked kick-ass

oldbuck40
    Oh yea fellas i burned up some fuel..LOL.. But hey I bought a boat and put that engine in it to run the crap out of it.. LOL.. at least my dad was there with me to go in half on the gas cause man ole man it was a bunch. You guys dont have to SWEET talk me to get a ride, just come and jump in. We need to meet up again this weekend. Let me know where.
    Mobigmo sorry we didnt get to meet at somerville last weekend but i did see ya haulin @zz around yegua quite a few times saturday,,,sounded sweet!

Devilman
    most likely their not going to be warped unless they have been droped on the flange,,bassett right? they have a good thick flange. the best thing about headers is they can be slightly warped and you can still pull them up flat when you tighten everything up,unlike a log it doestn give like the flange on a header! i think you should be ok with the standard gaskets and the rtv,,just be sure the head is fairly clean and no oil on the exhaust ports where the silicone will be. one other trick when it seems like all else has failed is to silicone 2 gaskets together and put them both on that side,they will crush enough when tightened to seal it...
    I went out a few minutes ago, laid a piece of alum. flat bar across it. Everything looks good. I couldn't get any header gaskets here in town(don't get me started!) so I figured if I was gonna have to order out of the catalog, I'd splurge. Jeg's sells these:
    http://www.jegs.com/photos/7207150.jpg
    Embossed Solid Copper
    Embossed O-ring gasket design increases sealing pressure around exhaust ports to create a tight, leakproof seal, even on irregular surfaces. Made from long lasting .043” solid copper, these gaskets will not shrink, deteriorate or blowout, so gasket leaks are eliminated!
    Hope they do the trick!!

BigMo
    Yea guys i missed meeting a few of you. To bad i was on the damn tent side but we ended up renting an Rv due to our new 2month old baby. Next time ill make sure and camp in the area that everones at. But lets plan something for this weekend. I know Texas Jet will be out and maybe Greaser?? Ill be out also. Let me know guys
    Mo

oldbuck40
    I went out a few minutes ago, laid a piece of alum. flat bar across it. Everything looks good. I couldn't get any header gaskets here in town(don't get me started!) so I figured if I was gonna have to order out of the catalog, I'd splurge. Jeg's sells these:
    http://www.jegs.com/photos/7207150.jpg
    Embossed Solid Copper
    Embossed O-ring gasket design increases sealing pressure around exhaust ports to create a tight, leakproof seal, even on irregular surfaces. Made from long lasting .043” solid copper, these gaskets will not shrink, deteriorate or blowout, so gasket leaks are eliminated
    Hope they do the trick!!they should do it! but i would still do the rtv thing,,its cheap insurance.

Devilman
    I hear you.... I'm all for cheap insurance. Like they say, "a little dab'll do ya" :wink:

oldbuck40
    I hear you.... I'm all for cheap insurance. Like they say, "a little dab'll do ya" :wink: well let us know how the new gaskets hold up this weekend!

Greaser
    Yea guys i missed meeting a few of you. To bad i was on the damn tent side but we ended up renting an Rv due to our new 2month old baby. Next time ill make sure and camp in the area that everones at. But lets plan something for this weekend. I know Texas Jet will be out and maybe Greaser?? Ill be out also. Let me know guys
    Mo
    I will definatly be out on Saturday and Sunday. I usually like to hang out around Pecan. But if its not to rough, I am sure I will be running all over the lake. I need some run time to break in this new engine :hammer2:
    Look forward to meeting up with ya. Maybe drinking a couple cold ones

BigMo
    That sounds like a plan for this weekend. Ill prob be a yegua again. If you havent got a spot maybe you can get one a yegua near us. I know Texas jet will but out but not sure what site. But im sure we run in to each other either way.
    Mo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast