Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blower help needed=efi

RACER52
    Its funny we get so wrapped up in trying to fix everything ourselves that I never even thought of calling Holley..
    Water tested last night and I'm getting closer. I was able to get it ti run and get on plane. Was able to tune it up to 3500-4000 rpms and it ran good. I will now pull all my injectors and see if they are clogged or dirty..
    Anyone ever have an injector problem after running AV-gas for 8 days straight???
    Saturday I will test again with someone else driving so I can tune. It was just the wife and I last night so it was drive and check, drive and check.
    But we tuned for about an hour then drove down to Taco Tuesday at Windmill Cove.
    Racer====NO CARBS :wink:

acatitude
    glad to see its getting there racer

Unchained
    I know that the first reaction is to make some major changes to the fuel maps but if it ran good before dissassembly and different after reassembly it probably doesnt have anything to do with the fuel maps or any sensors unless one got damaged.
    Is it possible that when you reinstalled the distributor you got the phasing off a tooth? This would only apply if you are using a crank trigger setup with a hall effect sensor.
    I had the distributor phasing off a tooth when I first fired up this year and it would still run but ran like sheite. A few minutes of rechecking things and I found the problem.
    How about cam timing? is it possible that may be off a tooth? If you're triggering the EFI through the distributor that would change also.
    Good luck.
    Mark
    616 813 7237

RACER52
    I think I have narrowed ot down and will verify tomorrow..
    I got it to run by remapping only the fuel system(adding more)
    I have picked a few brains and have come to the conclusion that maybe a few pins on the fuel injector harness may have pushed out. I dbl checked
    already but have not put a noid light to them..
    This would make sense due to it running by adding more fuel % to the injectors. Since all of the injectors are infront of the blowers it was still running on all cylinders just lean..
    :2purples:
    Unchained the distributer is an GM electronic(no hall effect) but I have already dbl and triple checked the timing. Thank you for the info..
    I'll keep you all posted..
    Racer

cdog
    I think I have narrowed ot down and will verify tomorrow..
    I got it to run by remapping only the fuel system(adding more)
    I have picked a few brains and have come to the conclusion that maybe a few pins on the fuel injector harness may have pushed out. I dbl checked
    already but have not put a noid light to them..
    This would make sense due to it running by adding more fuel % to the injectors. Since all of the injectors are infront of the blowers it was still running on all cylinders just lean..
    :2purples:
    Unchained the distributer is an GM electronic(no hall effect) but I have already dbl and triple checked the timing. Thank you for the info..
    I'll keep you all posted..
    Racer
    I had a problem with my harness connecting because of a bad crimp on one of the pins that go from the harness to the computer cable. I could not connect my computer to the ecu. I had holley send me a new one.

tsnave
    Just a thought here but Aviation fuel has a much higher lead content than traditional fuel and may have built up in your injectors. Not an expert on EFI by any means but this may be the cause for your increased need for fuel. Just reverting to the basics as you mentioned running Aviation fuel for 8 days...

RACER52
    tonights the night. I will check all connections at the pins and will also
    be cleaning the injectors..
    If its not one of those 2 issues I'm screwed.
    thanks for the input..
    Racer

cdog
    Just a thought here but Aviation fuel has a much higher lead content than traditional fuel and may have built up in your injectors. Not an expert on EFI by any means but this may be the cause for your increased need for fuel. Just reverting to the basics as you mentioned running Aviation fuel for 8 days...
    Av gas with lead will kill your O2 sensor and may give you false readings. Check your manual. I have the innovate and the holley wideband and they both say no leaded fuel.

Unchained
    I run 110 leaded fuel with a wide band O2 sensor.
    It has worked fine for me.
    I haven't found the readings to vary any from when I first installed it.
    I think it's one of those items that either works or not as opposed to giving false readings.
    Leaded fuel certainly does shorten the life of the sensor. The folks at Innovative told me that it may only last for 10,000 miles in a car. That's about 2 lifetimes in a boat.
    The wideband O2 sensor is an off the shelf item from the VW dealer.
    It's the one that comes stock on a turbo VW bug.
    They're about $ 50. no major expense.

acatitude
    good luck tonight Troy, hope it all comes together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast