Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towing in the Rain

Bryan Rose
    Just a quick question, I know we all hate to do it but it happens. All of us with open engines love the nice weather but what do you do to protect stuff towing in the rain, like the distributer, ignition boxes, carbs etc..... I know all of this stuff is supposed to be marine and waterproof but most of us don't run real marine stuff. I always bring my cover with me for when I get there but I do not tow with it.... I am considering having a cover made just for the engine area for towing but would like to not have to this.
    What do you guys do.........is there a solution

Huffer
    Header Covers Scoop Cover Reg Msd 6al No Problems Yet?

dmontzsta
    They headers arent a big deal since you will be moving forward and they are facing backwards, just shove a few rags in the end. You can turn your scoop backwards and shove rags in it as well, if you had an MSD box wrap a grocery bag around, thats the ghetto way.

cole13
    I turn the scoop around no matter if it is raining or not. I made a ghetto rubber cover out of a tire tube and bungie cords. I only use it if I have to. It would take a big rain to do any damamge.

BadBahner
    I turn the scoop around no matter if it is raining or not. I made a ghetto rubber cover out of a tire tube and bungie cords. I only use it if I have to. It would take a big rain to do any damamge.
    I have a soft dust cover that I put on first then I put on a sunbrella tow cover on top of that and it is waterproof. No problems. Cover cost 5 bills.
    Eric

riverbound
    I have a soft dust cover that I put on first then I put on a sunbrella tow cover on top of that and it is waterproof. No problems. Cover cost 5 bills.
    Eric
    I wrap my air cleaner with a grocery bag. Everything else is under the engine cover.

infotraker
    I cover the motor completely with a waterproof aluminum colored tarp. I then tie a rope around it, never has come off and everything stays clean, no wet road grime or water problems.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Racers use shrinkwrap on engine only! Budlight :idea:

NELSON#109
    spend the $$$$ and get a good custome tow cover made... ive had one for my last two boats... the water is just one problem... the other is the road scum.. that stuff gets every where, and you will never get it as clean as it was. i towed my new cp tunnel to big river in the rain, right after i finished it. it was flawless when i left. it poured allmost the whole way. the only thing that was dirty or wet when i got there was the trailer... they arent cheap, but its worth it if you get caught in the rain.

moneysucker
    Dolly trailer and an enclosed. I have done shrink wrap too. I don't like covers because of the abrasion caused by the wind moving the cover.
    Cy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast