Thread: Doht!!!!

77Spectra
    Bought my old boat back. I thought the pump was a little loose so durring the refurb I took the pump to be rebuilt. This guy used to do nothing but jets. He is now into big boats. My pump sat on the floor for 6 weeks so I said f)())*#% it and picked it up. I was getting it ready to paint and noticed the hand hole cover was hand tight. The dam thing was sukkin air.......doht. Well maybe the pump is ok. We will see. At least I did not spend 600 bucks for this guy to tell me I was an Idiot.....hehe

Bubbledeck2
    I had my pump rebuilt by a "well known" rebuilder.
    The 4 day turn around he promised turned into 4 week turn around. I didn't get a transom gasket, he reused the nylon bushings and who knows what other internal parts, and I had to convince his secretary that the intake grate I paid for was not shipped out with the pump.
    So, my pump builder knows I'm an idiot because I paid him $850.

jroos
    Bubbledeck, I DO NOT use a transom gasket. I use marine grade silicon and that`s it. I have never had a leak. I threw the rubber gasket in the trash.

Bubbledeck2
    jroos the pump builder told me the same thing about the transom gasket. All the pics of rebuild kits that I've seen include a transom gasket. My point was that the builder piece mealed my rebuild job and charged me full bore.
    I went and bought a transom gasket, installed it and mine doesn't leak either :->