Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPOD Part II

welk2party
    OK, so I was going off memory thinking that my deck in the boat had an AUX mode. It does not have one. I bought the cables for it to work with my IPOD. The question I have is this; If I disconnect the changer and use those RCA's will it work?

welk2party
    I think so. SWB did this I believe.
    I hope so, because the minute I open the package for the cables, I own them. I would hate to have a set of useless cables.

JustMVG
    You could always go the FM unit by Belkin route, cheap and easy, but if you can go the RCA route i'd do that, used the old Cassette/CD player thingy for awhile now i just plug into the RCAs i set up on the boat and The RV.

riverbound
    Not usre which cables you own or which deck ( I couldnt find Ipod part I) but it should work

welk2party
    Not usre which cables you own or which deck ( I couldnt find Ipod part I) but it should work
    Thanks. I have the RCA to 3.5mm cables. I want to unplug the changer and plug in the IPOD in its place.

1ASKYDV
    Here is what I did...It may be a little rigged but it worked! I have a sony head unit with a disc changer and XM radio and only 1 set of rca inputs.
    Buy a RCA plug splitter (2 into 1 type), then connect the ipod rca plugs and the existing plugs. Then disconnect the output rca plugs on the disc changer (or whatever feature you don't want to use).
    I disconnected the disc changer and when I play the ipod I set the head unit to the disc changer feature.
    Hope this helps.

SDLifesaver
    Why not use the FM modulator that charges while you use it and then you don't have a bunch of extra wires and spliters ect. We have Sirius and the IPOD and use both frequently in the boat without any problems. My .02 is that the FM modulator is the way to go. Good luck Chris. When you guys rent in July our home stereo is IPOD friendly and has the cable to plug into the top. Nick

1ASKYDV
    Why not use the FM modulator that charges while you use it and then you don't have a bunch of extra wires and spliters ect. We have Sirius and the IPOD and use both frequently in the boat without any problems. My .02 is that the FM modulator is the way to go. Good luck Chris. When you guys rent in July our home stereo is IPOD friendly and has the cable to plug into the top. Nick
    I tried the FM mod in the car & boat and I thought the sound quality was terrible.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    it will work in the in the plugs for a cd changer. i do it on my sony all the time.
    the fm deal is ok around cities but works great at the lake or other places with typically bad fm reception. the trick is to find a station with NO signal ( 107.9 seems to work around here) and turn the treb. up on your deck a little. also only go w/ the monster cable version. by far the best

welk2party
    I am going to plug it in to the changer cables. The IPOD eliminates the need for me to use the changer anyway. Plus, I can play single CD's from my deck. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast