Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zapco Connections????

TOBTEK
    Does anyone in here have some connections with an AUTHORIZED Zapco dealer? Thanks in advance

mbrown2
    Does anyone in here have some connections with an AUTHORIZED Zapco dealer? Thanks in advance
    So you don't want to go with the Rockfords? :rollside:

boxscore
    I'm surprised Mr B. hasn't steered you toward PG

mbrown2
    I'm surprised Mr B. hasn't steered you toward PG
    If money is no object, Zapco is not a bad choice....but they don't have the multi-channel amp that fit my needs for a tower....Zapco can't beat PG for price to performance...

TOBTEK
    If money is no object, Zapco is not a bad choice....but they don't have the multi-channel amp that fit my needs for a tower....Zapco can't beat PG for price to performance...
    IM A BIG FAN OF PHOENIX GOLD.....BUT I, my brother, and KAB have nothing but issues with them in the 22 I had a 1200w mono and two 600w two channel's with there 20fared cap.....it THUMPED, and sounded incredible with the FOCAL K2 speakers. I have been reading on the "sound domain" boards and there has been MAJOR issue's with people buying PG form venders off E-BAY.....seems as though even these AMPS are brand-new in sealed boxes, they are "B" stock amps. NOT the same quaility as from an AUTHORIZED PG dealer. Which I think is pretty crapy of PG even putting these into the retail buyers hands. I may go PG, Zapco, Audison..........just kickin tires at this point
    heres a link to that thread..... :frown:
    http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...;f=65;t=000443

TOBTEK
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...0/135zapco.gif
    Cl
    Click for larger view
    4 Channel, 4 ohms: 4x300 Watts
    4 Channel, 2 ohms: 4x600 Watts
    Bridged Stereo, 4 ohms: 2x2000 Watts
    Special Order 2 Ohm Version:
    Bridged Stereo, 2 ohms:2x2000 Watts
    T.H.D. + Noise: <0.05%
    Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz; +0 dB/-0.28 dB
    S/N Ratio: >85dB
    Transient Distortion: <0.009%
    Slew Rate: >20V/uS
    Damping Factor: >225
    Input Sensitivity: 250mV -16 Volts
    Dimensions: 19.5"L x10.5"W x 7.5"H

TOBTEK
    The 4KW is the flagship of the Competition Series, consisting of two 9.0XD PC boards mounted in a single chassis. This World Champion in dB Competition owns multiple World Records since it's debuted. The 4KW the is the baddest of the bad, it will pound out over 1,000 watts from each of the four channels into 2 ohms or 1 ohm. Bridged to dual mono, it will produce roughly 5,000 watts, and do it in the smallest package in available.
    - SymbiLink™ Balanced Line Technology provides up to 16 volts of balanced input for the cleanest, quietest signal possible
    -Dual 1,800 watt power supplies per PC board for surges well in excess of rated output power for SPL use
    - Three independent output filtering stages allow full
    range use as well as bass use in SQ systems
    - Optical isolation at each stage
    - ZAPCO DCS microprocessor control for all amplifier
    functions
    - Ultra high speed switching frequency for reduced
    "footprint"
    -Adjustable input gain up to 30.5 dB
    -Adjustable Pre-Clip circuitry enabling the user to set the maximum input which in turn determines the desired output. power. Match RMS speaker power handling for best performance and reliability
    -Adjustable turn on delay from 1-4 seconds
    -Two XD-VFD in-dash displays, with wired remote, allows monitoring and control of all functions from drivers position display shows, volume, input voltage, amplifier rail voltage, temperature and output power
    - Variable, selectable 24dB or 48dB low pass
    crossover
    -Pass through output
    -Four layer PC board with heavy 3 oz copper
    -Surface Mount Technology w/1% resistors, precision capacitors, and massive ground planes
    -Switch for use as stereo , single L ch. or R ch. bridge
    -L+R sum mono for use as a bass amp-
    -Dual cooling fans allow any mounting position
    -Three year warranty (If Authorized Dealer Installed)
    - Quality ZAPCO construction
    ** Designed and Manufactured in the USA **
    Suggested Retail $ 6599.00

mbrown2
    What issues did you have with your PG? Also, where did you buy it? I have had to replace Rockford, PG, and JL amps in the last two years so I think they all fail if you crank them to hard for long periods, excessive heat, and distortion...

TOBTEK
    What issues did you have with your PG? Also, where did you buy it? I have had to replace Rockford, PG, and JL amps in the last two years so I think they all fail if you crank them to hard for long periods, excessive heat, and distortion...
    My brother, Kab, and I have all had the same issues as all the people on that other forum. at any volume for more then a few minutes they start clipping out(and Kevins had weird grounding issues as well, were they sometimes work and sometimes not). Mine would start cutting out everything but the subs. Thats when I changed the system from the 600x2 for the subs and a 500x2 ( if I remember correctly) to a 600x2 for the front seperates and another 600x2 for the rears, & had one 1200x1 for the subs. and it still was clipping....was a REAL bummer. NOW that said, we all bought them new from venders on EBAY....so maybe we all bought "B" quaility products unknowing to us???? after reading the other forum, im thinking that has alot to do with it.......im just gun shy to buy them again, even though I agree 100% they are clean power for the money. On this new boat, I just DONT want to jack with this issue again :frown:

Procraftkev
    Id go with the Zapco good stuff (760) 245- 5600 ask for chad tell him procraftkev sent you he will hook you up with a good deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast