Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Much For JL W6's??

rivercrazy
    Are the sub's voil coils and amplifer matched up so you can get full power out of the 500/1 amp? If so, JL's are usually a little underrated in the power department. They should hit pretty well if your getting max power out of the amp.
    Hustler is running two of those same subs on a JBL 600.1 and it kills fish. But that amp puts out closer to 700 watts.

liquidasset
    If your limited for space 1 13w7 with a 1000x1 will sound great , and done right be louder than 2 w6s

Phat Matt
    I already scored a JL 500/1 on ebay for 200, should I spend the extra $? We are old people and only rarely turn it way up. :rollside:
    Just run a single 12w6v2 in a good box with that amp and it should sound just fine for you. Hell, it'll probably sound better than most.

cdog
    I already scored a JL 500/1 on ebay for 200, should I spend the extra $? We are old people and only rarely turn it way up. :rollside:
    If you need a amp to power some subs, i've got a fosgate bp 1000 that i'm thinking of parting with. It's in my boat right now and works really well. I'll make you a pretty good deal. PM me if your intrested.

CornWater
    do you mean 1000 bd... if so I have that amp and it sucks.. just curious, maybe you have had better luck than me...

cdog
    do you mean 1000 bd... if so I have that amp and it sucks.. just curious, maybe you have had better luck than me...
    Ya it's a BD
    Mine has worked really well. I have two eclipse 12's behind it and it bumps really hard. Never once has it shut off or givin me any problems.

Phat Matt
    I blew a sub out today . Should I just replace both in the rear bench seat or just the one? They are JL's and I can't remember the model. How can I tell? Do I have to remove it and look on the back?
    Just in time for OP6
    Just unscrew it and pull it out. It will say on the back. You better get that shit fixed Mr.

CornWater
    Already talked to Roz and working on getting it transported up to OP6 for me. I am trying to get in touch with RD as he is very close mileage wise to Roz. Now, about those screws....how do you get them out......lol
    Is anybody else here close to where Roz works that will be coming to OP6?
    Sorry to jack the thread . It won't happen again, I promise
    He can have it delivered to any Tweeter I think... picked up some stuff in Palm Desert last week, I am headed out tomorrow if that helps, by way of Palm springs...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12