Thread: Banks Lake Racer Reunion Results

CircleJerk
    Team Davis: one fast heat win, one jumped start (one lap penalty), two second place heats for the 496 BBC powered 'Yellow Submarine Hondo'! This put him in second overall for the weekend.
    Team Oregon: First overall points in the fast heat for the SS76 orange Lavey-Craft 'One More Time' and its new driver Flipper Mikie!
    In the ski class, H2oOregon (last years Champion) drove his Aquacraft to a second place with the new SK680 Jones of Todd B. taking its first event win in his second flat bottom race!
    Hondo Sangers daughter Cheryl had mechanical problems all weekend but drove very well and may still be in the overall points battle for her class in her Gull Wing 18'3" Sanger. Without the help of the #548 Sangers crew she would have been a DNF for both opening events. The new 427 has been plagued with minor gremlins from day one. Then, to make matters worse, the rudder key way worked its way out on Sunday leaving her without steering!
    The other Hondo of Big Steve found another cracked propellor after the required magnafluxing check and struggled with rpm with a borrowed prop. He is not out of it and in a strong 3rd overall with his buddy Scott in hot persuit in his Sanger Circle Runner for fourth.
    My new ride was shiney but squeaked to last place in every heat! Now if I can find the loud squeak upon teardown! Either a tight ring gap, wrist pin or bearing could be the culprit. Thank you to all my friends who pitched in with extra parts and labor to help my struggle to gain some rpm. It just wouldnt run over 4000 rpm with a 15 gear and my smallest prop! Ahh the humility of it all... We still had the best Reunion Race ever with 64+ boats.
    The hydro class saw three famous drivers compete; the Gold Cup winner Nate Brown and J. Michael Kelley were welcomed by all and have more influence than they may know. Nates' beautiful 1965 Laughterbach 225 hydro was just a gem in the bright sun of Central Wa and ran right with the bigger engines of our Vintage class. He also brought his 11 foot wood jet boat and Harlan Orrin was given the only ride! More hydros are planning on coming to future events of Northwest Water Competition.
    Only one hydro flipped with no injuries to its driver. This was a surprise especially when one heat had 12 boats on a short triangle course!
    Now we are off to Newport Wa. July 2-3, just two weekends away..

FlatRat
    Boyd,
    the rudder key that fell out of Cheryl's Sanger,hopefully that's not the we made last year @ Moses Lake.Surely it was changed after that weekend.

CircleJerk
    Howdy, Flatster! Yes, we thought about that or at least Marc remembered. So after another inspection it was found to have been repaired with a recent repair to the keyway and a new larger key but, no safety collar had been installed above that new key! Some folks just cant read the rules or in the rush to repair overlook stuff! I did. Not all of my ring gaps were checked and I had 5 cylinders scratched badly! My mistake made while hurrying the dang thing together. Only checked two. So in goes the backup, or should I say the 'mystery' motor. Hee Hee You get over here at least once, you hear? Labor Day at Ione or July fourth at Newport is close to you and also a three day weekend! We really missed you guys at the rowdy Cantina with great 70's live music! OH, and bring a ski boat, so we can compare speeds!

RaysonKid
    Sorry I missed another great race.
    And Darn... I will be busy on the 2nd. And in Maui on the 3rd.
    What has become of the two Oregon B-boats??? The orange one and the burgandy one? Are they for sale???
    Is George N. driving this season?

biesemeyer34
    Both of the Oregon Biesemeyers have been sold, one was sold to Jerry Griffin (V-drive Video) and the other to Truit Beal of Chicago I believe. George Nordling is the crew chief this year of the same boat that he upset at Moses Lake last year. Mike Devore is the driver of the Lavey and is going to be hard to beat this year in the fast class. We gps'ed his boat on the short coarse and he was hitting 92 and change. Come to the Moses Lake race if you can, it should be a hoot. Jimmy D.

FlatRat
    Howdy, Flatster! Yes, we thought about that or at least Marc remembered. So after another inspection it was found to have been repaired with a recent repair to the keyway and a new larger key but, no safety collar had been installed above that new key! Some folks just cant read the rules or in the rush to repair overlook stuff! I did. Not all of my ring gaps were checked and I had 5 cylinders scratched badly! My mistake made while hurrying the dang thing together. Only checked two. So in goes the backup, or should I say the 'mystery' motor. Hee Hee You get over here at least once, you hear? Labor Day at Ione or July fourth at Newport is close to you and also a three day weekend! We really missed you guys at the rowdy Cantina with great 70's live music! OH, and bring a ski boat, so we can compare speeds!
    Jerk,
    we are going try to make the Priest River deal in Aug.I will start rigging the Howard real soon.I hit a tree with the Jag Sat night.Went into a corner a little hot and hit some gravel then washed the front end out.Tore the it up pretty good,makes me sick.I didn't hurt anyone but I'm a little stiff and Rats out!

CircleJerk
    Ratster! you are supposed to hang it out at our races, where friends can fix what you break! Stop that! Ouch So far the campout is still on, right Ror?

CircleJerk
    I found my engine squeak! Ring end gaps were not sufficient! New short block going in! Stupid mistake! Wont hurry this one.....