Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: roller rockers ford 460

LakesOnly
    that is what my friend and boat enthusiast + certified ford mechanic for 17 years assured me, i am going to order the harland sharp roller rocker out of jegs for my ford 460, item # 851-4005 i believe.i am also adding a nice cam, and possibly doing some exhaust side porting on my heads.
    Harland Sharps are great rockers. Just keep in mind that some people have issues with setting them up because the overall configuration of the Harland Sharp rocker is different than most others, and sometimes requires more "finesse" to get the correct valve train geometery.
    My vote is for the Crane Gold Series, the FRPP Roller Rockers (which is a blue anodized Crane Gold Series), and a few others. Makes life easier.
    LO

FILUCKY
    Two to three hundred bucks, man those were the good 'ol days my new BBF motor runs the C460(Yates) heads and my rocker setup was almost 1500.00. But my spare motor runs A460 heads with crane gold's (chevy)rockers and i'm very happy with crane stuff.

I have D3s and have been looking at these for some time. As I remember reading, the advantage to a roller rocker is in the reduced friction in the trunion, not at the valve tip. The other benefit is a more accurate ratio, but in a milder engine, what net effect would the ratio make? Anyone run these?
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...n-36806-16.jpg

LakesOnly
    The roller fulcrums pictured above are nice but cost almost as much as a whole roller rocker arm kit themselves. And your still left without the rocker's roller tip...also, the pushrod cup on the stock rockers can't handle much lift (and requisite spring pressure) before being pushed through by the pushrod. Nice to have the option available, though.
    LO

I've looked at them for my app because I don't have alot of cam ( 230@.050, 565?) and D3s with stock rockers. If I were to step up and do more head work, I'd probably get a set of D0VEs and go full roller rocker. For $200, these conversions might pick up enough to make it worth it.

kp216
    Does anyone have any information on these roller rockers from Ohio Crankshaft? BBF set 7/16" 1.73 ratio is $139.00.
    http://www.ohiocrank.com/images/rockers_lg.jpg

78Miller460
    Does anyone have any feedback regarding the pedestal mount roller rockers by Scorpion?

steelcomp
    Lakeswrote:Harland Sharps are great rockers. Just keep in mind that some people have issues with setting them up because the overall configuration of the Harland Sharp rocker is different than most others, and sometimes requires more "finesse" to get the correct valve train geometery.
    Could you explain that??

steelcomp
    Just remember guys, rockers are a lot like anything else...you get what you pay for. If you're running mild spring pressures and not much more than stock lift, you can go cheap, but if you;re getting into heavy springs and a lot of motion, do your homework. If you'r running a solid roller, don't go cheap...you'll be sorry. The Sharps seem to have proven themselves, but I was skeptical for a long time. The rest of this off shore stuff just isn't worth risking the rest of your motor to save a few bucks. you break a rocker, and it can be disasterous!! My .02

Blown 472
    Buy a set of crowers and forget about them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast