Thread: New Speed - NJBA Hydro's

Willis
    June 20, 2005
    Hello every one
    Did you hear?
    New speed limits for "Hydro Drag Boat". :supp:
    :messedup:
    Stay tuned, Race Director,- NJBA will post soon!!
    Willis

Willis it is such a beautiful thing that not one jet boat has to worry about running too fast. 145 mph for the jets is a great number. All of the guys that are pushing that number have been real good about not crossing over. :notam:

Willis
    jetboat guru
    I totally agree.
    I think those dudes who can not tune their ride need to take some classes.
    However, its just the way I see it.
    :argue:
    What's your take on this issue and why is it the the public has not been told about the change?
    Willis

superdave013
    so lets cut right to the chase.
    how fast can the open hydros and flats go?

Willis, actually, I have been telling everyone I have spoken to, AND it will be announced at the drivers meeting on Saturday morning ... why are you so worried? It doesn't even effect you ... :hammerhea you're nor anyone else in a jet is running ANYWHERE NEAR your maximum speed.
    I did respond to you in the just jets forum ... but I agree W/ Tony here ... I am dialing a 7.1 @ 152 and you're dialing a what at what MPH??? Please, lets not go here. The board passed it 6 to 4, so others did not agree with what you are posting I guess.
    And about tuning??????????????????????????? Let's not go there either. I am tuning my boat to comply and breaking/hurting parts in trying to slow it. It would be much easier to not try to slow it down, all of the other Hydro guys agree, Allan Zeller, Steve Reider, Mike Fry, Mikey B, Bill Rathke, Joe Shelfo, Joe Mierke, Tom Weaver, Myself ... and the list goes on ......
    We could run like they did last year busting out the 175 mph passes, but everyone has not, because WE are following the rules! WE did it the right way and took it to the board. So forgive US if We got it done leagally!
    And if you want some tuning tips to help, you know I have offered in the past ... but you won't take me up on the offer ... Ron did, and he seems do be doing bettter, right? So let's not talk about lessons here.
    Feel free to call any time (714) 448-4345.
    Brian

Willis, I don't know why the public has not been made aware of the change. It is good of you to spread the word in the forums. You do a great job Willis of keeping everyone informed in here. Busby is also working hard to spread the NJBA cheer. Hopefully the boat count will be up this weekend at Ming. Good luck!
    Tony

The other thread started by Willis: http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82989
    Sorry guys, and to you too Willis, that just pissed me off. Willis you know how we do things on the board and how factual and fair I am ... bu to throw mud like that here, uncool IMO.
    Dave: Jets & Flats are at 145, Hydros are at 160, my other post on his other thread had addressed this.
    See you all out there ... sorry about the drama that Willis is trying to start here in the public.
    Brian

Busby is also working hard to spread the NJBA cheer. Hopefully the boat count will be up this weekend at Ming. Good luck!
    Thanks Tony ... at least someone out there dosen't think I'm a total TOOL ... oh wait, I haven't had to come see you about any infractions yet ... j/k ...
    I too hope the count will be up!
    Brian