Thread: Jet Boat Covers

TX19
    What brand of boat cover do you use. Is there anything in particular I should look for when buying one? How well do the towable / trailerable models work?
    The input of this board is appreciated.

Hallett of a Dream
    your best bet is to take your boat to an Upholstery shop that does boat covers (at least thats where I went) and have them custom fit one to your boat and motor. The place that did mine did a fantastic job and charged $350, tax included.

phillyray
    Custom cover,21 Daytona....over 700.oo...ouch!

Hallett of a Dream
    Philly, for that price does your cover remove itself and put itself back on as commanded? Maybe it has a remote control??? sorry, I couldn't resist. wow that seems high, but i'm sure its worth it. do you have yours winterized with the shrink wrap also? I am afraid of having moisture trapped from the carpet, etc. I dont have a fully enclosed garage

Caribbean19'
    I bought a towable cover, towed with it once, and the cover made a slight smear in the gel coat. No matter how tight I get the cover strapped down, there is always a slight wrinkle that can do damage when towing at highway speeds. So I no longer tow with the cover on. Boat is now 10 years old and still looks perfect. I did get the removable mud flaps from Enkay to prevent rock damage on the trailer and hull.
    [This message has been edited by Caribbean19' (edited September 02, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Caribbean19' (edited September 02, 2001).]

phillyray
    Hallet,that was the going price in my area! It was that or something from Wall Mart.Don't have a garage for the boat,that's were the Vette and Harley's live.Also have to blue tarp it for the winter season out here...thats right around the corner...bummer!

Hallett of a Dream
    Philly, I know what you mean. I don't have a garage for mine either. I am only about 5 hours away from you, near DuBois, PA. I am not looking forward to putting away the boat so I can shovel snow.

75_Elim
    Hallett and Philly, Sorry to hear that you have to put the toys away for the winter. Thats gotta suck http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
    You need to move to the other side (the warm side) of nation! It's warm here all the time http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif The only change you feel is the water may get a bit colder but it's still in the 80's most of time.
    Stay warm !
    75_Elim

Slick
    I'm going to be needing a new cover as well. Mine is still in ok shape but the stitching is starting to rip out at the fastners. Whatever you do, have them use Sunbrella or other comperable product. Make sure they double stitch everything and use a nice soft fabric where the cover will be touching the gel coat. My cover is eight years old and held up to the brutal Parker, AZ sun during the summer. Also, don't tow with your cover on. It will mar the gel coat and it's also very hard on the cover.
    Later
    Slick

Hallett of a Dream
    v75 elim, I used to live on that side, out in San Jose (San Francisco area). I miss it. But the wife brings me here so I trade off the living and snow for my toys.