Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody recognize this Hondo??

DaveA
    This thing's supposedly in Hickory NC. Looks like a hot setup, too...but 130+mph? That's K-boat territory on a good day.
    The seller looks like a listing agent. I've emailed them 3 times with no response. Really wants to sell it, huh? Guess he got paid up front :wink:
    1972 HONDO BOAT 18' BOAT RACE BOAT 468 CHEVY RARE (#4556855081) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4556855081)

Damn Dave, you better be glad I'm "NOT" a V-Drive Guy!! If I was that would be in my garage !! go get bro!! :clover:coming to James the fourth??
    Markist

vdrivenman
    that boat has been in the boat trader for quite some time. i beleive it was listed in the 19-20,000 range. add makes some refernce to no test pilots or tire kickers.
    there was a very nice cole on ebay last week that did not sell and he was reasonable on the price 9000 and it was a runner bottom unsure which tr ?
    boat is in nesbit ms on mephis ,tn outskirts.
    if interested i have his email address.

DaveA
    that boat has been in the boat trader for quite some time. i beleive it was listed in the 19-20,000 range. add makes some refernce to no test pilots or tire kickers.
    there was a very nice cole on ebay last week that did not sell and he was reasonable on the price 9000 and it was a runner bottom unsure which tr ?
    boat is in nesbit ms on mephis ,tn outskirts.
    if interested i have his email address.
    Thanx vdm, I've got a friend that has a jones for a v-drive (now whether or not he's got the coin handy, that's another story) and this Hondo is supposedly near by. I finally got the 'seller' to reply with "I didn't get your question- what was it?" I just wanted to know if it could be inspected...that's all. If they want upwards of 20K for it, well now...that's outa this guy's league.
    Mebbe sumthin'll pop up over in this area agin....

Huffer
    Now dave back breaker,let"s get an all day rider! :devil:

vdrivenman
    i have a very good friend who lives in salisbury.nc. he has two vdrives a pristine brendella runner & a capsuled hondo hydro w ith a KB alky motor. i've tried to buy the brendella from him,but he won't sell it.
    our vacation plans take us back to nc this year. going to moorsville to visit some nascar garages and then to ride some more of the blue ridge parkway and some visits over at darrells in salisbury.
    we love it up there,but land is Xpensive and jobs r scarce.
    the cole in ms was a very nice boat and he was right on the price. i don't think he knew what he had. he kept telling me a flat till i got some pic's.
    i have pic's of the boat if u want pm me with your email or post it.
    plus i have an old shovel nose for sell if he wants a project. it is all there,just needs paint & reassembly.

DaveA
    i have a very good friend who lives in salisbury.nc. he has two vdrives a pristine brendella runner & a capsuled hondo hydro w ith a KB alky motor. i've tried to buy the brendella from him,but he won't sell it.
    our vacation plans take us back to nc this year. going to moorsville to visit some nascar garages and then to ride some more of the blue ridge parkway and some visits over at darrells in salisbury.
    we love it up there,but land is Xpensive and jobs r scarce.
    the cole in ms was a very nice boat and he was right on the price. i don't think he knew what he had. he kept telling me a flat till i got some pic's.
    i have pic's of the boat if u want pm me with your email or post it.
    plus i have an old shovel nose for sell if he wants a project. it is all there,just needs paint & reassembly.
    Darrell used to have a DiMarco. Did he sell it? I haven't seen him in ages. Doubt he'd even remember...He used to be in that country band (I've got his publicity photo in an album) and I guess he's still deputy sheriffing up there. I remember when he used to do exhibition runs in the hydro for $$.
    Land in Mooresville ain't cheep, but if you go across the lake to the west, it comes way down. Jobs? What do you do? If you're in LE, they're hiring at the state and local levels around here from what I understand.
    Oh, and Jerry...back breaker? Yup...you oughta know!
    And the Hondo?- the guy wants $18,500 or trade!

shirkey4750
    Dave, my old Hondo runner is up in New York and it is for sell. Dan66stevens buddy has it. It is a nice boat, boat has been neglected the last couple of years.

vdrivenman
    Dave A,
    darrell did sell the dimarco. i was considering purchasing it at one time and that is how i actually met him. the boat sold and is in the dallas area tied up in some court litigation right now.
    d actually worked for the city of salisbury,but when they got a black chief of police he retired,has been so for six years or more. he still plays in bands and does a few things with the hydro.mostly looks after his rent property,cuts & bails hay,and helps out with his parents.his place is right on the lake and nice.
    have you ever seen his brendella runner. it is a very nice boat,but he won't part with it. he is thinking about selling the hydro,freeing up some coin to buy a big boat.
    i'm sure mooresville is expensive as is the lake norman area. i am LE have been since 73 looking to retire soon meaning 2-3 yrs.can go now ,but why money is good so hanging in a while longer! i would not mind going back to work for the right location.
    problem is wife is big earner in the family .an instrument tech/electrican now working as a preplanner/iso certified auditor so we have to have a GOOD job for her. she has done some online searches,but no luck yet. we are going to explore some more while on vacation.just need to pick a part of the state and get busy looking for jobs & property.

superdave013
    you can do better. keep looking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast