Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: check this superstock boat capsule......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I have been watching the build up of this hull. This is bergeron engineerings work. They do some outstanding work along with service. I am down there working on my squirtboat and I have been keeping an eye on this baby. I took this today. It looks odd to me but its different.......They are actually inventing a new item for you v-drive guys but I am swore to secretcy!!!!! You will see it soon enough and you guys will love it I promise
    P.s. please dont aske me about the new device as I will tell you nothing.......
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...39capsule3.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...39capsule2.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...39capsule1.jpg

circleboatKIDD
    wow that capsule huge :jawdrop:

UBFJ #454
    That is not a capsule ... It is just an enclosure around the cockpit ... Capsules are something totally different ... They are an Integrated Safety Cockpit System built to protect the driver in the event of crash ... They are much more than a simple enclosure surrounding the cockpit.
    If you look closely it has no crash cage to protect the driver ... The front portion of the support tubing rests on the dash of the boat with no support beneath so if the boat crashes not only will the shell stay with the boat, it will crush trapping the driver.
    The damn thing is more of a Coffin than a safety feature ... The enclosure itself was designed and built by Ron Jones, Jr. in the Seattle Area ... Bergeron's man is just installing it in the Beis. I've spent a fair bit of time when out in Mesa looking carefully at this setup and I wouldn't drive that boat with that enclosure for any amount of money.

grumpy501
    This in not a Super Stock. It's a Pro Strock.
    http://www.westernprostockracing.com/pages/1/index.htm

rossdbos
    "That is not a capsule ... It is just an enclosure around the cockpit ... Capsules are something totally different ... They are an Integrated Safety Cockpit System built to protect the driver in the event of crash ... They are much more than a simple enclosure surrounding the cockpit.
    If you look closely it has no crash cage to protect the driver ... The front portion of the support tubing rests on the dash of the boat with no support beneath so if the boat crashes not only will the shell stay with the boat, it will crush trapping the driver.
    The damn thing is more of a Coffin than a safety feature ... The enclosure itself was designed and built by Ron Jones, Jr. in the Seattle Area ... Bergeron's man is just installing it in the Beis. I've spent a fair bit of time when out in Mesa looking carefully at this setup and I wouldn't drive that boat with that enclosure for any amount of money."
    Bear 454pe:
    I can understand your position coming from the Drag arena but this set up in a circle boat, not a drag, boat is definitely a capsule. Now maybe not by your definition of a drag capsule with SFI spec roll cage but by Circle boat racing standards this is definitely a capsule. Add, if the unlimited hydroplanes, tunnel boats, and existing K's and Super Stocks employ this type of capsule with successful results then why knock it. Do you think Phil and Brian Bergeron are just "slapping" a capsule in for a client. A helluva lot of time and effort was spent on pre-engineering this and a company as credible as Bergeron Engineering wouldn't undertake this task just to accomodate a client. Drag stresses are far different that circle boat stresses and the physics involved were addressed. Going relatively straight at over 150 mph and crashing is much different than going 105-115 down the straight then decelerating to 75-85 into the turn (which I may add is where statistically most flatbottom crash-the rollover). Next, did you speak to Phil or Brian or anyone at the shop about flotation that will be installed? On-board air systems? Rearview Mirrors, Radio communications? 5 point harness? Han's device? etc... which all will be in by race time I'm told. I don't recall anyone asking you to be the test pilot so you're safe for now. Bottom line, we can agree to disagree and until you've gone more than just a straight line your opinions lack validity- talk to Dave Rankin who crashed and lo and behold not only survived but walked away with nary a scratch in virtually the same setup and Duff Daily and many others that actually race "roundy round" with a capsule.
    I personally liked the SFI spec capsule but due to the physics and weight distribution Jeff W. elected to go with this configuration. No capsule whether it be a SFI Drag or APBA circle is "bulletproof" -ie: Hipwell, etc. but this matter was not undertaken by throwing caution to the wind. Hopefully at it's debut this weekend in Burley we'll have the results. BTW, having NO PROTECTION around the driver as most SS and PRO-Stocks are today have had detrimental results so something clearly is better than nothing.
    Ross

Roman 1
    That is not a capsule ... It is just an enclosure around the cockpit ... Capsules are something totally different ... They are an Integrated Safety Cockpit System built to protect the driver in the event of crash ... They are much more than a simple enclosure surrounding the cockpit.
    The damn thing is more of a Coffin than a safety feature ... The enclosure itself was designed and built by Ron Jones, Jr. in the Seattle Area ... Bergeron's man is just installing it in the Beis. I've spent a fair bit of time when out in Mesa looking carefully at this setup and I wouldn't drive that boat with that enclosure for any amount of money.
    Hey Mr. Quater mile pro racer Blow it out your ass! Your experience with circle boat racing is ZERO! besides, the stupid thing ain't even done yet!!
    R1 :crossx:

Johnny Holstein
    Hey Mr. Quater mile pro racer Blow it out your ass! Your experience with circle boat racing is ZERO! besides, the stupid thing ain't even done yet!!
    R1 :crossx:
    Bear seems to knows everything but his boat is pretty slow.

Sanger D
    that looks like it would feel kinda weird at first but would give me a crap load of confidence,(artificial or not) I would be more worried about seeing behind me before a corner!!!will it have little outside review mirrors? how much for total install?

Norseman
    that looks like it would feel kinda weird at first but would give me a crap load of confidence,(artificial or not) I would be more worried about seeing behind me before a corner!!!will it have little outside review mirrors? how much for total install?
    A Camera system would be better than mirrors if the rules allowed it!!

uclahater
    "That is not a capsule ... It is just an enclosure around the cockpit ... Capsules are something totally different ... They are an Integrated Safety Cockpit System built to protect the driver in the event of crash ... They are much more than a simple enclosure surrounding the cockpit.
    The damn thing is more of a Coffin than a safety feature ... The enclosure itself was designed and built by Ron Jones, Jr. in the Seattle Area ... Bergeron's man is just installing it in the Beis. I've spent a fair bit of time when out in Mesa looking carefully at this setup and I wouldn't drive that boat with that enclosure for any amount of money."
    Bear 454pe:
    I can understand your position coming from the Drag arena but this set up in a circle boat, not a drag, boat is definitely a capsule. Now maybe not by your definition of a drag capsule with SFI spec roll cage but by Circle boat racing standards this is definitely a capsule. Add, if the unlimited hydroplanes, tunnel boats, and existing K's and Super Stocks employ this type of capsule with successful results then why knock it. Do you think Phil and Brian Bergeron are just "slapping" a capsule in for a client. A helluva lot of time and effort was spent on pre-engineering this and a company as credible as Bergeron Engineering wouldn't undertake this task just to accomodate a client. Drag stresses are far different that circle boat stresses and the physics involved were addressed. Going relatively straight at over 150 mph and crashing is much different than going 105-115 down the straight then decelerating to 75-85 into the turn (which I may add is where statistically most flatbottom crash-the rollover). Next, did you speak to Phil or Brian or anyone at the shop about flotation that will be installed? On-board air systems? Rearview Mirrors, Radio communications? 5 point harness? Han's device? etc... which all will be in by race time I'm told. I don't recall anyone asking you to be the test pilot so you're safe for now. Bottom line, we can agree to disagree and until you've gone more than just a straight line your opinions lack validity- talk to Dave Rankin who crashed and lo and behold not only survived but walked away with nary a scratch in virtually the same setup and Duff Daily and many others that actually race "roundy round" with a capsule.
    I personally liked the SFI spec capsule but due to the physics and weight distribution Jeff W. elected to go with this configuration. No capsule whether it be a SFI Drag or APBA circle is "bulletproof" -ie: Hipwell, etc. but this matter was not undertaken by throwing caution to the wind. Hopefully at it's debut this weekend in Burley we'll have the results. BTW, having NO PROTECTION around the driver as most SS and PRO-Stocks are today have had detrimental results so something clearly is better than nothing.
    Ross

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast