Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: check this superstock boat capsule......

126driver
    This is the first time I've ever agreed with you :crossx:
    Dang.

76BARRON
    This is the first time I've ever agreed with you :crossx:
    With Ross or Bear?

UBFJ #454
    rossdbos -
    I understand what your saying as I've heard similar arguments many times before from serious APBA buddies that build such cockpits and race them back East.
    I'm in no way 'Putting Anyone Down' or 'Trashing Them' ... I simply strongly disagree with the basic underlaying philosophy of design of the enclosure pictured above given what is possible these days that will result in the same, or less, weight added to the boat (and be far Safer) ... and yes, I am aware of pretty much the full compliment of components remaining to be installed in the above Beis.
    Again, I'm Not 'Bad Mouthing Anyone' ... I'm just disagreeing with the Build Philosophy behind the above. And yes, I believe if your going to criticize a particular 'Mouse Trap', then you'd better have a better one in mind ... We do and are currently building such for both a drag boat and a big off shore racer.

EXTREMEBOATS
    I think it is very encouraging to see some initiative happening in the way of safety. The more people that have it on their minds the more ideas will be generated. Everyone gains! Great stuff!
    Kristina

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok please excuse me for my "incorrect" wording. It looks like a capsule to me so thats what I called it. The reason for the "object" being placed in the hull is because the driver has wrecked several times and he wants to race but take a safer approach at it! I watched alot of this process and the guy laying the glass"bobby" is a complet artist! His work is phenoninal! I enjoy watching him because he is very friendly and shares information while he is working. I have learned so much from him about different hulls and how they are layed up. This is a once in a lifetime situation for me to see this and I am just sharing it with my fellow "Hotrod" boaters

EXTREMEBOATS
    :idea: At this time in boat racing, any noble attempt to help the saftey issues we are experiencing should be applauded not talked shit about.... The Bergereon crew has plenty to add to the challenge...Just my opinion...
    Mike

UBFJ #454
    Mike -
    I'm in Total Agreement ... Everyone should 'Chime In' about Safety without a bunch of 'NonSense' ... No One Knows Everything ... We can All Learn from one another if we Share Ideas.

kipperps28
    I especially liked your idea about the "coffin", jackass. Think about what you write, before you write it. These guys are trying to make their boats safer- for themselves, their friends, and their families. No one is saying they are perfect, but you don't need to spout off about how bad of an idea they are. I a guy can (typically) survive a 200 mph blowover in an unlimited hydro (same cockpit design), then it's cool for my SS or PS (or K, for that matter). By the way, one boat that I run up here has the same Jones, Jr. cockpit, and I would recommend it (but not to any dumbass that won't take the time to learn about what we're doing).

uclahater
    With Ross or Bear?
    Ross
    Bears an IDIOT :hammerhea

ColeTR1
    I have seen the enclosures on the outboards and they make sense because the whole boat is enclosed and when the flip they stay afloat. SS PS or K’s go down so fast when the flip having that 700lbs V-8 in the back. I would not want to be inside something like that unless the boat could stay afloat upside down or on its side. I wonder are they going to put extra flotation in the boat? Or if the driver is going to have a air supply?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast