Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-sealing and silicone questions.

EXTREMEBOATS
    :notam: SAY IT AIN'T SOO!!!!!! Hell we wouldnt have nothing to talk about.... :rollside:
    Mike

FOURQ
    I am also worried about the hole in the plate where the stuffing box goes through, seems like there is a little gap around there and water could leak up and go right into the wood, that could be where I got this delam problem in the first place. Should I just seal the hole up with silicone? once the stuffing box is in just go all around it?
    ummm what hole around the stuffing box????????? i think i filled that in today ohh and what wood there wasnt any wood there eather... :messedup: I guess it ran off with the glass adhesion ..haha she will be good as new when shes all done .. like you were told use the 3m stuff and the poxy puty and DONT use as much as was on that thing it looked like shit......
    Q

dmontzsta
    ummm what hole around the stuffing box????????? i think i filled that in today ohh and what wood there wasnt any wood there eather... :messedup: I guess it ran off with the glass adhesion ..haha she will be good as new when shes all done .. like you were told use the 3m stuff and the poxy puty and DONT use as much as was on that thing it looked like shit......
    Q
    I cant thank you enough, you are definately a true friend in my books, I cannot repay you enough for the bitchen job you did on that, you brought her back to life and saved it from the sawz all.
    :idea:

EXTREMEBOATS
    FOURQ, Thats one sweet avitar.... You dont need to say a word just post... Hey can ya make it bigger???? :idea: Mike

flat broke
    I cant thank you enough, you are definately a true friend in my books, I cannot repay you enough for the bitchen job you did on that, you brought her back to life and saved it from the sawz all.
    :idea:
    You guys must have busted some serious azz on that thing after we left. Glad to hear you got her all glassed up right again. Did ya cut the back to back bulkhead out while you were at it? You should really post up some before and after pics of that deal.
    Deffinite props out to Futs and Q for helpin a brother out on that deal.
    Chris

dmontzsta
    You guys must have busted some serious azz on that thing after we left. Glad to hear you got her all glassed up right again. Did ya cut the back to back bulkhead out while you were at it? You should really post up some before and after pics of that deal.
    Chris
    Hey Chris,
    One thing I am sort of learning is to stay out of the way when they work, they haul ass, I cant keep up.
    I have a lead on a set of back to back buckets. Now I just need to look out for some side tanks. I am thinking of doing this in the offseason, just dont know how it would effect the balance of the boat.

Good to see you and your bro again, sorry I couldnt chat much, I wanted to get that center done so Tim could knock out the glass. They have a bitch idea and it is going to look slick when it is done.

FOURQ
    Don:
    well you know our love for boats and the classics even more is why we help our friends out we know glass and gell real good and hate seeing friends get bent over and or being told its junk cause the repair shop dosent want to do it or wants to charge mnore than its worth . we will gladdly help ya out anytime
    Chris:
    shes not all glassed up yet got the mat layed on one side and I fixed the stuffing box hole need to finish up the other side then gana Gell the floor and then lay the cloth.. I think flowcoat is later down the road for Don once he gets more $$$ saved up.. im gana flow the resin so it looks good for now.

FOURQ
    FOURQ, Thats one sweet avitar.... You dont need to say a word just post... Hey can ya make it bigger???? :idea: Mike
    i can make it alot bigger.. if you got a lot of coin i can make her yours :hammerhea :hammerhea friggen women are expencive so i would sell her........ :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

FOURQ
    You should really post up some before and after pics of that deal.
    Chris
    i will put up pics on the CLM (http://www.clmracing.com) site when its done
    Q

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    plain old clear silicone from orchard and anti-sieze on the threads..never had a problem......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12