Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ? on anchoring my cat...

Dave C
    use a little more rope than usual.

Reaper1
    BINGO!!!! Love my anchor buddy!
    Have you guys used these things in high winds? I was anchored in front of Nautical one night during very heavy winds and the buddy deal gave too much play and let the boat bump into the neighbors. I ended up cutting the thing off with a knife and pulled the boat out. :redface: But then again it could of been me. :supp:

Hustler
    Probably not the best in windy conditions but then again if it's that windy I would rather pull my boat out any way.

dimarcobros
    Be sure to connect the rope to the boat before you throw the anchor and line in the water. Just ask 6dollarboat.
    DMB

Dave C
    take some "bungee slack up".... (that doesn't make a bit of sense, does it?)
    the tighter the bungee when its windy the less it will move around.
    Have you guys used these things in high winds? I was anchored in front of Nautical one night during very heavy winds and the buddy deal gave too much play and let the boat bump into the neighbors. I ended up cutting the thing off with a knife and pulled the boat out. :redface: But then again it could of been me. :supp:

Reaper1
    Probably not the best in windy conditions but then again if it's that windy I would rather pull my boat out any way.
    Me too. :rollside:
    Be sure to connect the rope to the boat before you throw the anchor and line in the water. Just ask 6dollarboat.
    LOL!!! :idea:

Jetdriver
    If you use your anchor buddy along with your regular anchor line as instructed with the anchor buddy you will have no problem. The problem is, people just attach the anchor buddy to the anchor and let it go. You actually have to put it on the anchor in conjuction with your anchor line. Then you just leave a bit of slack in your anchor rope and tie a loop. Then you attach the anchor buddy to that loop. Then when the buggy starts to pull it will on ly get so far before the anchor line becomes taught.

TheLurker
    Make sure the scope of your anchor line is more than long enough. I've seen the water level rise higher than some people thought it would and lift their anchor.
    Also be sure your tied off to shore.

Dave C
    ya but thats too much work.... you know to read the instructions and what not!!! :notam:
    If you use your anchor buddy along with your regular anchor line as instructed with the anchor buddy you will have no problem. The problem is, people just attach the anchor buddy to the anchor and let it go. You actually have to put it on the anchor in conjuction with your anchor line. Then you just leave a bit of slack in your anchor rope and tie a loop. Then you attach the anchor buddy to that loop. Then when the buggy starts to pull it will on ly get so far before the anchor line becomes taught.

acatitude
    geez a fockin college course in how to anchor your dam boat. most of the spots ive seen at moabi have a sandy beach drive it up on there, dont worry about the water fluckuation, its easier then figuring out what the fock all these anchor professors are trying to say :hammerhea :hammerhea . this must be where stand up comedy started. this just struck me as very funny. sorry for the smartass comments, well not really

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast