Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridge to Bridge

NorCalCat
    Where sould I stay, having a 30' boat in tow?

Robbie Racer
    I'm still thinking about this one. My understanding is that now it costs ya $200 just to enter for what??? a couple radar runs under the bridge, the cost of stayin at the embassy for a couple nights and whatever else ya spend. and the spectators get in for free to watch ya run and someone is making money. was always free for the boats before.
    ALmost seems like going to a basketball game and makin the players pay. Just my .02
    I'm thinking the same thing. It was fun to make the speed run last year but I don't think I want to spend $200 just for the entry fee this year either.
    NCC, I think most people launch their boats when they get there, then leave their trailers there at the park where the launch ramp is. Then you tie up your boat overnight along side other boats at the dock in front of Embassy Suites.
    RR

acatitude
    I'll be down there this year even if boat isnt back together and will help out any of you who are there with whatever you may need, just not spending $200 for a radar run. But I must say its a big deal in sac and fun to hang out.
    Its pretty secure leaving your trailer at discovery park for the weekend. I live about 15 mins from down town and have lots of driveway space if any one needs it for anything.

Jrocket
    I'm thinking the same thing. It was fun to make the speed run last year but I don't think I want to spend $200 just for the entry fee this year either.
    NCC, I think most people launch their boats when they get there, then leave their trailers there at the park where the launch ramp is. Then you tie up your boat overnight along side other boats at the dock in front of Embassy Suites.
    RR
    $200 bills for a radar run and too top it off you leave your boat tied up to other boats all night?Sounds....ummmmm not so good.

RACER52
    the boat parking isnt as bad as it sounds..
    the $200 bucks must cover more than the radar runs.
    poker run= friday??
    party/dinner Friday night???
    Saturday night party????
    I'll call and get the skinny.

acatitude
    Racer the poker run is a parade up the river thru old sac. there is a little chow and oRderbs and drinks Friday night or there was in the past. Ive always attended by getting a wristband, thank you Maggie, but in my mind its not worth the $200. The parking isnt that bad, usually our size boats are on the inside and the big boys get the outside of the dock.
    Like I said its a fun event, this may be the last year cuzz the city isnt putting up any money as in the past, and Chris, by my understanding has had to get the businesses to participate and most have said no, they dont get the business from the event. now I know the embassy, and all the bars on the water make out that weekend and I think they chip in some.
    Dont quote me on this but I,ve heard that He (chris) has to pay the crackerboxes a fee to attend and race. They get paid, but the big show of radar runners have to pay an entry fee???. Like I said I'll be hangin around for the festifities, just not paying $200 for a radar run or two. Hell I bet RIM will radar us for a brew,lol.

RACER52
    well its a tough job but someone has to do it.. So if my CO. is sponsering
    than I'll be there.. We are helping Chris out more this year than last..$$
    Racer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12