Thread: Sleek Craft

RCM
    Has Anyone On This Forum Ever Seen A Sleek Craft Tunnel Boat Of About 18 To 19 Ft Set Up With A V-drive? If So, How Well Did It Perform? I Know Where There`s One Only 5 Miles From Where I Live And It Can Be Bought Cheap, It Has A Jet In It Now But No Motor. Any Info Would Be Appreciated. Rcm

RCM, have driven, and rode in both boats, a friend of mine had both. A SST v-drive and a SST jet. They are both for sale from the current owners now too. The jet boat needs pump work, but has a very nice custom 454 long rod 454 that can run all day long, and a beautiful paint job, as with the trailer.
    The v-driver is less engine, pretty much all original too, it's a two seater original gell, and trailer. It was a nicely taken care of boat at one time, it has been sitting for a few years now in neglect.
    The two boats are owned by seperate individuals, but a buddy knows where both boats are now, the jets just down the street, from me, and the other is a few towns away. If you want info call and ask for Tom Kasper jr. 847-888-4200 he can tell you more about the boats.
    Sleek

BK
    Hey Sleek, how does the SST (Jet) perform? Does it handle rough water well? Do you know how much hes looking to get for it?

Byron the Jet is down the street from me, The shaft bearing went bad and the impeller wore through the suction housing. It ran into the upper 70's when I drove it, that was for the previous owner, setting the timing and such for the new motor. I think the asking price is 7K. I have not seen the boat for some time, but it was a nice boat, super Imron paint job on both the trailer and the boat. It's has a Berkeley 12JG pump with a manual PD, newer Basset ot's, was a true 500HP 454 motor built by MPG, same builder as my 540. Ask Tom more info on it, 847-888-4200
    As far as the ride, it was nice and responsive to any inputs, but this was limited to just river running here on our small river. The V-drive boat was a whole nother story, porpoised badly and was hard to make it take a set, no tunnel plates.
    they are rather beefy boats and are not the lightest either, both seems to take heavy river action ok.
    Sleek

Byron, talked to Tom today, the sleek stt jet could be had for 5K probably
    Sleek

BK
    If he still has it after this summer I may be interested. Cant do anything right now though. Ive allways loved the SST and would really love to get one in good condition, guess i'll just have to wait and see. Leave it to me to try and buy TWO boats from half way accross the country!!!! LOL