since rebuilding my ford 460 3 months ago,it has been running perfectly.5200 RPM but just for 20 seconds at a time,dont want to blow something up.
At first when I rebuilt it ,I checked the oil pressure with a drill and a coupler to see how much pressure there would .I got 60 lbs with the distriburter out.When I put the dist. in ,I got nothing.My buddy grabs the throttle and tuggs on it and revs the hell out of it.I said what the f--k are you doing,thats not going to get the oil pressure up.I pulled the dist off again and found that the shaft had fallen off.I put the shaft back into place and everything sounded good but oil pressure had fallen to 50 lbs.thought to myself,well if its going to happen ,its gona happen on the lake.
3 months and no problems yet and I have been running the hell out of it and still no oil loss at all.
Oh yea the reason I rebuilt it is because I had advanced the distr. forward 10 degrees and didnt realize that someone had put a 10:1 commpression head on one side and 8.5:1 on the other bank.Started skipping very badly and then just stopped .took the heads off and found all the pistons on one side where shattered .who knew?