Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBF rebuilt,running better than ever

szokejohn2
    since rebuilding my ford 460 3 months ago,it has been running perfectly.5200 RPM but just for 20 seconds at a time,dont want to blow something up.
    At first when I rebuilt it ,I checked the oil pressure with a drill and a coupler to see how much pressure there would .I got 60 lbs with the distriburter out.When I put the dist. in ,I got nothing.My buddy grabs the throttle and tuggs on it and revs the hell out of it.I said what the f--k are you doing,thats not going to get the oil pressure up.I pulled the dist off again and found that the shaft had fallen off.I put the shaft back into place and everything sounded good but oil pressure had fallen to 50 lbs.thought to myself,well if its going to happen ,its gona happen on the lake.
    3 months and no problems yet and I have been running the hell out of it and still no oil loss at all.
    Oh yea the reason I rebuilt it is because I had advanced the distr. forward 10 degrees and didnt realize that someone had put a 10:1 commpression head on one side and 8.5:1 on the other bank.Started skipping very badly and then just stopped .took the heads off and found all the pistons on one side where shattered .who knew?

Danhercules
    I have been runnin the hell out of my Ford too. They like it!!

LakesOnly
    Herc, awesome photo in your sig line.
    LO

dmontzsta
    I love 460s I cannot wait to get one running in my boat.

Hallett19
    I run the f-ing piss out of my 460, sometimes 10+ min straight pegged around 4700 rpm, dont get much below 55 psi at high oil temps, just alot of oil on one valve cover.... my Ford loves being wound out.
    One of my proudest moments was recently at Lauglin on Thursday morning with a full boat of stereo, girls, ice chest, tools, 50 gallons of gas on board, etc. and I went head to head with a little 4 seater, over transom header BBC 18 footer with him and his buddy and pulled him, slowly, but pulled away from him after about 20 seconds. After I was over a full boat length away from him I threw the tail up as high as she goes and waved at him as I let off and he passed me

dmontzsta
    I run the f-ing piss out of my 460, sometimes 10+ min straight pegged around 4700 rpm, dont get much below 55 psi at high oil temps, just alot of oil on one valve cover.... my Ford loves being wound out.
    One of my proudest moments was recently at Lauglin on Thursday morning with a full boat of stereo, girls, ice chest, tools, 50 gallons of gas on board, etc. and I went head to head with a little 4 seater, over transom header BBC 18 footer with him and his buddy and pulled him, slowly, but pulled away from him after about 20 seconds. After I was over a full boat length away from him I threw the tail up as high as she goes and waved at him as I let off and he passed me
    50 gallons of gas? whats that like? lol

Danhercules
    Herc, awesome photo in your sig line.
    LO
    Thanks Lakes, that is a CBBB pic. That was when my boat was slow. LOL

hack job
    Thanks Lakes, that is a CBBB pic. That was when my boat was slow. LOL
    then were are my royalties lol
    i have run my ford hard several times at 6000 and no probs. love my bbf

Hallett19
    50 gallons of gas? whats that like? lol
    2 24 gallon tanks...... what is it like ? Painfull on the pocketbook but great for gas stops, or, lack there-of.

Ken F
    Hallet19, that's what I put in the new Cheyenne too! 24 on each side.
    It's great in that you can run all day, then pull out at night and go get cheaper fuel at a gas-station, but you sure want to schedule your racing late in the day! lol
    Ken F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast