Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBF rebuilt,running better than ever

Ford mongers!
    mon·ger ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mnggr, mng-)
    n.
    A dealer in a specific commodity.
    A person promoting something. Often used in combination: a fordmonger; a blueovalmonger.
    tr.v. mon·gered, mon·ger·ing, mon·gers
    To peddle.

FILUCKY
    Fords havent got the respect they deserve, i'm glad to see things turning around lately. Nothin' makes my day more then puttin' Chevs on the trailer!

Mighty Thor
    Yep, Hondo is on the trailer and the 460 is on the engine stand and all I need now is the time to work the two into one. First stop is the hot tank.

Sanger Jet
    I love my 460 I run the hell out of it!!! At the moment I'm having the bottom redone due to Alchohol abuse :cry:

Hot Rod Hallett
    my 501 ci big block ford runs hard. I love it.

77charger
    I use to run mine to 5700 with NOS.after pump work it dropped to 5200rpm but wither way i could hold it side open and never a prob had stock internals too.Brother owns it now still runs strong.
    I did lose one motor to a oil pump shaft coming out though.changed a dist and it came up just enought to fall out i didnt know till too late.It only takes about a 1/4 inch to fall out

atxwrangler
    thanks for the advise on the distributer change, i just bought a new msd system for my 460. i am going to put a 460 in this southwind next week. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05_006-med.jpg

bp
    hey you ford folks, just out of curiousity, has anyone given much thought to, or made any attempts to get a triton v-10 and install it in a jet? just curious, because the one in my motorhome is way stronger than the 460s i used to have.

Hallett19
    It would be tough to fab exhaust and all for that V-10 motor. And who knows how many aftermarket performance parts there are available for it, probably not many. But I think power per square inch, they make the same power out of the box, but for the vast availability of power and marine parts for the 460, that is the way to go.

hey you ford folks, just out of curiousity, has anyone given much thought to, or made any attempts to get a triton v-10 and install it in a jet? just curious, because the one in my motorhome is way stronger than the 460s i used to have.
    The F/I late model 460 was a turd. Too low of compresson, not enought ign. timing and just enough fuel to keep the sniffer happy...not a good combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12