Thread: HELP...what to do

wedge44
    Ok so for 6 months we've been planning our vacation, Lake Front , 4 bedroom, 3 bath, private dock for 2 boats, patio deck with jacuzzi & fire pit...all right on the water then last month, next door neighbor bails(show in new york, production manager), so the other neighbor says ok we'll split the house(2 family's 4 adults 4 kids) now price jumps to 1800.00 a piece...I'm ok with that we're good to go....boats ready, time off scheduled...and can u see it coming..last night the other neighbor says "how much do we lose if we cancel out" I say $1000.00 deposit. he whips out check book and gives me a check for a thousand. Now I know he honest about not making trip.....Problem is he wife and kids are ready and I need a week on the water too DECOMPRESS...anybody got any sugestions..I can't swing $3700.00 solo, I just payed for cruise too alaska in september....HELP....any suggestions will work and then wife drops bomb she really doesn't want river direction too hot for kids right now...wedge

Mandelon
    More details, different friends... how bout we all come. It'l be like 30 cents each that way!!! No, I mean really.

Ziggy
    Your learning the lesson many have learned over the years....plan your trip like you are going solo and hope you have participants that join.

wedge44
    Hey mandelon....HA HA HA... Ditton reality is trying to offload house so I can get deposit back... I'm retrun renter several times over last 15 years ...I'm just looking for smaller digs maybe else where... but youve been there bass is assume mid week when no ones there

wedge44
    Your learning the lesson many have learned over the years....plan your trip like you are going solo and hope you have participants that join.
    Oh I've rented several times that wht I get deposit money first...this is first time caught.... :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Mandelon
    I got stuck with the rental one time when 3 out of 7 bailed on us. The remaining four paid more and we kept their booze....
    So you are saying you don't want to share a house with us? :rollside:

wedge44
    I got stuck with the rental one time when 3 out of 7 bailed on us. The remaining four paid more and we kept their booze....
    So you are saying you don't want to share a house with us? :rollside:
    we would have too fit everyone into 12 pairs of pants and shirts could be interesting ...limit in house is 12 or you forfeit deposit anyway...wedge

wedge44
    Ok so NO help or suggestion....Thanks anyway

NorCal Gameshow
    damn, that house was $4700 for a week,what lake?