Boat Cop are you out there?
Question for BoatCop or someone with maritime legal expertise. Say I'm enjoying the lake and my headers draw attention. The boat cop pulls me over and decides he wants to administer a breath test...even though I was boating safely...which at that point won't REALLY matter. (ya I know, tell that to the judge)
Since lakes fall under maritime rules, don't I have the right to deny boarding and buy myself time to pass the unrealistic 0.08 limit? Only honest replies please!
Say I throw the boat cop's rope back into the water and say permission to board denied...what are you going to do? Shoot me?
Ok, I may be a little biased, but I recently got pulled over by a motorcycle cop who said I was doing 92 (no radar) when I was doing 81 (digital speedo...vette...checked to within 1.5 mph by GPS)
He claimed he paced me (at night for less than a mile) and we were both accelerating onto a highway at the time. The fact is, he was closing on me and got an incorrect reading. I payed because it was easier to do traffic court than fight the system. That's the first ticket I've had that actually was bogus. BTW, he marked "radar" on the ticket even though he specifically told me he had no radar (which I knew because the detector didn't go off)...didn't notice the radar checked box 'till I got home.
jer