Thread: Need help with water hose route

CVX20Dustin
    I have a Carlson CVX20 460 Berk. jet stock log exhaust.I need help with the hose route, I didn't pull the motor so I can't even forget.

kingjason
    If its like my CV-21 you have the hose comeing from the back right side of the Berkely pump up to the thermostat housing. On the T-Stat housing you will have two hoses that come out directly across from one another. These go to the front of your exhaust logs on top. The bottom one on the logs runs to the rear of the logs at the snell and connect. The hose on the front of the T-stat goes to the water pump. The rest is just big hoses from water pump to t-stat and block.
    J

JetBoatRich
    Check this site
    Water Line Route (http://www.liquidaddiction.net/cooling.htm)

berk
    is that different than the other chart i saw here a few months back? why wouldnt you run the dump lines from the rex housing to the heaaders instead of that other plumbing?

Mighty Thor
    I have a 76 cvx 20 with a Ford 460 and I had to do a fair amount of research to figure this out myself so I will try to describe how mine is run now.
    From the jet the water is run through the factory metal tube into the boat and right into a half inch ball valve so that in the event that a hose or other major water leak occures I can limit the water entering the boat. The ball valve lets more than enough water enter for cooling. In fact I have had to close the valve some to get the water temp to come up.
    From the valve the water goes into the rubber hose and that attaches to the front engine cover, which is where the waterpump would be if this was an auto engine. mine has the inlet on the top of the cover, just a little to the passenger side of center. The water then enters the engine from this cover and circulates through the engine till it reaches the thermostat housing. There is another water nipple on the front cover and I will explain that one in a moment.
    My thermostat housing has three water outlets. One on each side and one out the front. The two side nipples run water to the front of my exhaust manifolds and water then exits out the exhaust pipes. The back of the manifolds are also threaded and that is for drain cocks to be installed. The water out the front of the thermostat housing is then routed to the nipple in the front cover and that allows some recirculation of engine water.
    If you have different Exhaust manifolds from mine then you may have a different system that preheats the water before it enters the engine. There are several diagrams on the web for routing those types of systemes, but I did not keep track of them becuase they did not apply to my system. I also posted this info on the carlsonspeed.com web site.
    I should also mention the thing that really screwed me up. On my boat the intake manifold had a water nipple just below the thermostat. I kept trying to find where the hose for this nipple would go. Finally figured out that the intake was off of an automobile application and there would be a short hose from the intake to the water pump. The nipple from the intake is not used on my system and I had to block that one off. When I replaced the manifold I got one with a threaded hole and put a plug there.