Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How bad does smooth water cut your top end?

Wicked Performance Boats
    This is making me feel a lot better. I do not have a good solid number yet. I was with Victorfb at Elsinore and we did 69 (sorry vic! ) I had full tanks. The boat did not feel as fast as it did the weekend before. I cannot wait till the 4th and get some good water below Avi and above Needels. It was nice riding on the glass though.
    Hurk, Needles is spelled" N_E_E_D_L_E_S! [Just busting your balls] lose some weight if you want to go faster, I'm trying Budlight

my boat feels quite squirly in the wind (with a little chop) dont care to take her out when the wind is howling, but in glass ide have to say that it does perform much better where as i dont stand on it (anymore) in uncertain water!
    Nice topic BTW!
    Todd

Danhercules
    Hurk, Needles is spelled" N_E_E_D_L_E_S! [Just busting your balls] lose some weight if you want to go faster, I'm trying Budlight
    I did lose some. But I found it agian. I guess I had me a tipe-o. LOL :rollside:

bp
    "5-10 mph depending on water."
    Since this...
    http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/HowFast.jpg
    was on glass, I guess my real top speed's 110 mph. Cool. That makes me faster than bp.
    "What do you think would be faster...Running on glass into the wind or running on 6" chop with no wind?"
    Trick question. Where's glass with wind?
    jer
    hey jer, anytime you wanna line up, just bring it on over
    stereo, no stereo, tunes, no tunes.. however ya want it.
    i DO have a timeslip that says 109, and that was last year when it was slow .
    chop vs glass is a slight bit different, but i really don't see any changes in et/speed between the two, unless the wind is from the head or from the rear. if i'm running into, say, a 5-10mph headwind, i can pick up between .04 to .10 in et, and maybe 1 or 2 mph, like from 104 to 105. if the wind is real strong from the rear, it will have the reverse effect on my boat. so, conditions will result in changes in et/speed, but not so much as it would terribly noticable on river, like a 5% change, or something like that. top speed of the boat can be easily changed through setup/hardware changes, once you know how/what hardware effects your boat.

pops1
    All right, my boat is not a hot rod as top end with two people in the boat is 55mph. I took the boat out the other evening just before dark and the water was glass. The ride was fantastic, but the best I could do was 46mph.
    RPM was the same (4200) and it didn't matter where the diverter was.
    I guess I've never really paid attention before when the water was smooth because I usually have the wife and kids in the boat and won't do hard runs. Is a 10mph scrub of top speed common in very smooth water? The boat felt heavy as hell.
    Bad, its like glue on wetted surfaces.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234