Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Vacinations

GMFL
    I just bought a place at the river and will start brining my dog out there. Are there any special vacinations that I need other than the standard (We live in OC)
    Thanks for any help.

Boatcop
    WTF?
    You think this is frickin' Ethiopia or some other third world location with all kinds of exotic diseases?
    Seriously, as long as they're up to date on the standrd vacs (Parvo, Bordatella (Kennel Cough) and the rest they should be OK.
    Don't have any known Frenchie vaccination, so your on your own there.

H20Advantage
    Mine get vaccinated for "GIARDIA". Commonly found in more stagnant water situations. Causes the major shits......... http://www.priory.com/vet/giardia.htm
    First time is a vaccination followed up with a booster two to three weeks later. Then once a year after that.
    Also make sure they are taking heartguard monthly with all of the mosquitos and parasites found around high water areas.

GMFL
    WTF?
    You think this is frickin' Ethiopia or some other third world location with all kinds of exotic diseases?
    Have you ever been to Topock??
    JK, I just didn't know if there was some sort of tick or water bug that I had to worry about.
    Thanks for the reply.

GMFL
    Mine get vaccinated for "GIARDIA". Commonly found in more stagnant water situations. Causes the major shits......... http://www.priory.com/vet/giardia.htm
    First time is a vaccination followed up with a booster two to three weeks later. Then once a year after that.
    Also make sure they are taking heartguard monthly with all of the mosquitos and parasites found around high water areas.
    Thanks for the link, I'll check with a different vet, the one I usually go to didn't say anything about giardia...
    Thanks again.

Ultracrazy
    I just bought a place at the river and will start brining my dog out there. Are there any special vacinations that I need other than the standard (We live in OC)
    Thanks for any help.
    Where in Topock did you buy? We have a place and we get the standard Vacinations.........nothing special. If your dogs go into heat......you should probably keep them inside. Lots of people let there dogs roam free. Not an issue with people..........but they are horny little bastards.

H20Advantage
    I may be a little more leary than some due to my pup not only being a family member but is also a show dog. He took 1st place male puppy at the 2005 National Dogue De bordeaux show.

GMFL
    Where in Topock did you buy? We have a place and we get the standard Vacinations.........nothing special. If your dogs go into heat......you should probably keep them inside. Lots of people let there dogs roam free. Not an issue with people..........but they are horny little bastards.
    I took over #8 the Weekend Warrior 5th wheel.
    I won't let her run free, she doesn't get along too well with some other dogs. She's great with people though...

GMFL
    H2O, that is a cool looking pup, what type is it. Mastif?

H20Advantage
    He is a Dogue De Bordeaux (french Mastiff)
    My avatar is actually my female when she was a pup last summer. This is my male at six months taken a couple of weeks ago.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...baloo1-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast