Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More carb

I have a 460 bore 30 over with stock stroke, a solid roller cam int at .50 246 ex at .050 253 int .663 ex .680 and a set of 71cc dove-r heads(scj).22 dish KB piston 10.5 or 11.0 compreesion and stealth intake with a 850 demon dbp, msd ignition. It dyno at 530 hp.
    Should I go with a bigger carb??

fryzll
    Sound to me like you're doin just fine. Is it running lean? Those #'s sound really good to me. Did you mess around with the jetting on the dyno or did you go w/ the whatever came in the carb? You might be able to get some more out of it but it sound like your setup is putting out really good H/P as it sits. Take a plug reading and mess around w/ the jetting if the color isnt correct. Just my .02. Good luck http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Chris

530 hp..........If that's the best you can do....... Sounds like you need to junk that motor. Here let me send you an address where you can ship that thing to. They give good salvage rates and it ought to be worth at least $50-$60 bucks american. Don't even waste your time and money on a different carb.
    Squirtcha?s Salvage Yard
    5150 W. Bell Rd.
    Phoenix AZ 85304

77charger
    that carb should be plenty.

flat broke
    That carb should be more than enough. I would agree with Fryzll that a plug check might be in order. The volumetric efficency issue has been beaten to death in other threads so if you want to research your carb sizing further do a search for VE or volumetric efficiency, plug your numbers into the formulas provided and make your own estimates.
    Good luck,
    Chris

SCOTT
    NO..
    THATS BIG ENOUPH.MORE CARB. WONT DO ANY THING.TRY MORE DUR.IN YOUR CAM.WITH 10.5:1 I USE 270 @ .050 to bleed off some pressure so i can run pump gas,then trim your impeller to run more rpm's.It takes the load off to reduce detination and lets your motor run in its range.jmo.

flat broke
    I hope your kidding about the carb Scott.
    Chris

SCOTT
    flat broke...
    we are in agreement,read the post again!

FoMoCo
    I think you should be running a 950 Hp Holley at least, but I also heard that Demons flow more than They acually say! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/icons/icon6.gif Check your plugs at every stage, like cruising and after a wide open pass! I have seen Dominators with a Victor Jr on less of a motor! I kmow that I just tried an 800 DP holley with my 429 BBF running 11:1 comp, 634 lift solid roller 236@.050 110 lobe, c9ve heads 2.19, 1.76 valves, and it ran REALLY REALLY LEAN AND PULLED LIKE SHIT ON THE TOP END! SO If your not sure, Then check your plugs, but its a decent start!
    http://www.fomocomotorsports.20m.com/upboat16.jpg THey work really good with Tunnel Rams!!!!!!!!!

flat broke
    Originally posted by SCOTT:
    flat broke...
    we are in agreement,read the post again!
    I really need to find some sleeping pills that work. 8-) Sorry for convoluting the message Scott.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast