Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Camaro?

02HoWaRd26
    # 1 is so clean it is totaly old school yet serious muscle car, #2 looks like a solaro fro toyota, #3 is to much like they tried to build a 2068. # 1 wins here

HCS
    way back when, I had a customer that had a mid-60's el camino with high compression pistons, lopy cam and lot's a chrome....sounded real nice$$$$$
    great,but it still was only a six banger :hammerhea
    Maybe they could put all those left over Cosworth Vega motors in it. :idea:

NorCal Gameshow
    Maybe they could put all those left over Cosworth Vega motors in it. :idea:
    My second car was a vega...Too bad I was only 15...But, that delco radio rocked sitting in the driveway

HCS
    My second car was a vega...Too bad I was only 15...But, that delco radio rocked sitting in the driveway
    That's about it, to the end of the driveway. Those motors cracked me up. They looked like a v8 sawed in half.

NorCal Gameshow
    That's about it, to the end of the driveway. Those motors cracked me up. They looked like a v8 sawed in half.
    maybe the cosworth was a little different:
    http://www.adclassix.com/images/75cosworthvega.jpg

Flyinbowtie
    I like 1 and 3, but probably 1 the best.
    2 looks alot like most of the cars out there today, like it was squeezed out of a tube of toothpaste, and the tube went dry about 80% of the way through the job.
    I'm 46, and miss the musclecar days big time. The neighborhood in Long Beach that I grew up in during the late sixties and 70's was almost all car nuts. I took my behind the wheel test for my drivers license in 1975 in a very nice 1970 El Camino SS 454 with a Muncie. The nitwit at DMV paid more attention to the Cowl Induction Hood when it was opening and closing than he did to my driving..
    The Mustang is a great step in the right direction, and when the blown Shelby GT 500 version hits the market in '07, I am going to have to chain myself to a tree or something to keep from buying one. One of the best things about the new 'Stang is that it might force Generous Motors to get off of their corporate butts and build a car with some character and style, something they haven't done for a long time. (Corvette excluded, obviously) I drove one of those new GTO-Holden things, and was not really impressed. Toothpaste-tube car, it just didn't inspire me at all. The mustang was responsible for the first incarnation of the Camaro, wouldn't it be ironic if history repeated itself?
    One of those new all-aluminum 427's coupled to a 6 speed in a retro Z-28 Camaro would be awesome...Then, maybe Mopar will be forced to build a new Challenger/'Cuda and stuff a real Hemi in it, something that displaces in excess of 400 cubic inches, and then perhaps Chevy will strike back with a big-block RWD Monte Carlo, and Ford will return to it's Glory days with a new Thunderbolt, powered by a blown boss EFI SOHC engine.
    I think the smart folks in Detroit and Dearborn are just now starting to figure out that us 45+ boomers are the ones who are gonna have the $ to spend on these things, because our kids are pretty much up and running, and we wanna go play like we did in the 60's and 70's. They have made a pile of money on the truck lines for years, and while we all need the truck/SUV deal to pull our other toys around we want some real damn cars to drive. Cars with 500 EFI HP that will get 25 MPG, and remind us of the 67-70 something V-8 solid-lifter 4 speed posi rear drive rumpity-rump car we had as kids, but without the blown header gaskets to change and lifters to adjust every three or four weeks.
    And if they were real forward-thinking, they would realize that alot of us have raised our kids on storys of that era, and when they get the $ to buy their dream toys, my boys are gonna want V-8's, and will build them themselves if the showrooms don't have them. Hooking this generation now will go a long way towards helping the automakers survive in the future.
    Alot of my generation are heading to the street rod market, and building our dream rides in that venue, because our fathers introduced us to hot rods of that era. We like the no smog crap to deal with, and an engine that looks familiar to us. When we finally got smart/old enough to really tune a Holley double pumper, cars stopped coming with carbs all together.
    I think the Camaro thing probably really starting burning at GM again when Hot Rod Magazine had a fiberglass convertable 69 Camaro body on the cover late last year.
    The glass 69 Camaro is going to be the 32 Ford of the musclecar era.
    I have really worked to cut my personal list down, and only have about 5 more cars I absolutely must build/possess before I die. A 34 Ford 3-window coupe, 351C 4-speed, black, Halibrands, etc. A 32 Roadster highboy, black satin primer, 3/8 by 3/8 flathead, (got it) 4 speed and a period correct quickchange out back,(got it, too) and a dropped I-beam axle on hairpins in the front.
    My 56 F-100 I've owned since I was 17. It is in the garage and I am getting going on it after waiting 15 years.It is going to have a 460 with a C-6 and Jag IRS.
    Then, I need to do a 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 351c 4-speed, dark Met. blue with black interior and a shaker scoop,
    And maybe, if I have time, one more..a 1970 Plymouth Cuda, black, 440, 4 speed with that shifter that you wind up changing channels on the radio about half the time, when your trying to powershift into 3rd..
    Yeah I'm dreaming...but it feels good. I think I'll grab a beer and go out in the garage and tinker with the 40 sedan that is next to the 56.
    Cars man, that is what life is all about...

spectras only
    I've heard , Dodge will make a retro Challenger [copying ford a little late ] .Used to have a 72 340 ,Hurst grip and a motorola stereo casette recorder w/mike
    My kid will be all over bugging me to get one of those :hammer2: . That Camaro will never look like #1 or #2 . They [ GM ] using some 15 year olds to come up with their designs :sleeping:

spectras only
    way through the job.
    The Mustang is a great step in the right direction, and when the blown Shelby GT 500 version hits the market in '07, I am going to have to chain myself to a tree or something to keep from buying one. Cars man, that is what life is all about...
    Buddy put a deposit down for one . There will only be 8 of them coming to vancouver .I can hardly wait for the ride

ELIMINAT THIS
    1 AND 3 are bad ass. Jay Photoglu can I order two,one hard top one drop top. :rollside: Paging Dustin.

Flyinbowtie
    S.O.;
    Maybe Hertz will get a few and rent them out, ya know?
    Maybe Ford will make 'em a few GT-500H's, just like the old days...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast