Thread: OC Sucks

Kahuna
    Bought my boat last year and it is registered to my house in OC but the boat has never been in OC and they want me to pay OC taxes on the boat. The boat is stored in Parker.

Boat Loan Guy
    Reg it AZ as a non resident...
    Although taxes in AZ are going up they still beat CA taxes..

jbtrailerjim
    They do it everywhere in California. Thats why a lot of us register our boats in Arizona as a non resident. More expensive for registration but no property taxes.

cc322
    Bought my boat last year and it is registered to my house in OC but the boat has never been in OC and they want me to pay OC taxes on the boat. The boat is stored in Parker.
    Why did you do that? It's not just oc I think it is all countys in Ca. Your builder should have advised you before hand imo. Lavey took care of all regs and contact stuff for me to be reistered in AZ. Yep good ol Cali they got there hands in your pockets no matter what.

TCHB
    Now that you have registered the boat in California you are going to pay the tax. I would transfer the boat to Arizona and keep all the records so that you can prove the transfer to California. Make sure you let California know the boat is no longer registered in California.