Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droop Snoot & Cables

rivercrazy
    I'm thinking about adding a droop snoot to my 21' jet boat. It looks like a easy enough mod. However, what is involved cable wise? I have a Hydrolic FTN place diverter. Are longer Hydro. cables required? Do you have to run all new steering and forward reverse cables? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

HBjet
    I don't know about the diverter cables, but you will need a steering extension. The steering cable you are using will be fine. You should be able to do this on your own.
    HBjet

miller killer
    I believe that aggressor makes all the parts you need,get on there website they have what your looking for.

rivercrazy
    I prefer American Turbine or Dominator myself. Thanks for the suggestion though.

miller killer
    Rivercrazy,what kind of pump do you have,a.t. has a diffrent type droop than others,i had a american turbine bowl,snoot and aplace diverter,the connection at the diverter is different at the connection,so make sure you get the right droop.

cyclone
    ok this is probably a dumb question, but humor me. What exactly does a droop snoot do? I just bought a place diverter and was wondering if I can add or should add a droop snoot to it. thanks!

rivercrazy
    A droop lowers the thrust line of the boat. The typically creates more lift and hopefully a few more mph. I've heard it helps on heavier boats that need more transom and bow lift.
    My concerns regarding adding one is I've heard it makes the boat handling a bit more muddy at slow speeds and can cause a porpose. However, with a diverter you can tune the porpose out.

cyclone
    thanks rivercrazy. what does one cost? I have a Berkeley 12JB pump.

rivercrazy
    I'm looking at the Place Diverter Droop. I think it runs about $275. You can also get a ride plate with it that runs $110 and a steering extension that runs $70. Check out their site @ www.placediverter.com (http://www.placediverter.com)

cyclone
    ok that brings on other dumb questions. What does the ride plate and steering extension do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast