Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merc Extended Warranty????

JB in so cal
    i sent them pictures of you in the girls tank top after the tequila shot
    OK, man. The gloves are coming off :hammer2: :hammer2:

riverroyal
    do you put on the boat in a summer,30 to 50 maybe,thats alot cash for 1 year,be nice if they let you skip a year

voodoomedman
    Isn't alot of what we pay for "piece of mind"???? If I had the funds I would do the 2 or 3 yr.
    True. I bought an extended warranty on the new car I just bought but that is because I got a good deal and it is a GM warranty not aftermarket and one little problem and the warranty will have paid for itself. But I can't see a single engine problem costing $3500 bucks unless it thew a rod or something. I have the money but I don't like spending it. That is why I have money we watch our finances closely. But maybe I just don't know enough about boats. I know repairs can be costly but I also know that when I take it to Absolute Speed & Marine then Aaron will charge me a fair price for his quality work and not a rediculously high price for crap work.

voodoomedman
    do you put on the boat in a summer,30 to 50 maybe,thats alot cash for 1 year,be nice if they let you skip a year
    That's the thing we do alot of cruising but I haven't been able to gauge really. We put about 30 last year but couldn't always get out as much as we wanted. This year we have our newborn so we won't be staying out in the blazing hot hours of the day. On the flip side we are running it at 35-45 instead of 65-75 mph.

JB in so cal
    since July 30, 2004 :2purples:

jdogginla
    True. I bought an extended warranty on the new car I just bought but that is because I got a good deal and it is a GM warranty not aftermarket and one little problem and the warranty will have paid for itself. But I can't see a single engine problem costing $3500 bucks unless it thew a rod or something. I have the money but I don't like spending it. That is why I have money we watch our finances closely. But maybe I just don't know enough about boats. I know repairs can be costly but I also know that when I take it to Absolute Speed & Marine then Aaron will charge me a fair price for his quality work and not a rediculously high price for crap work.
    I don't have the boat I want yet..........I have a few skii's and just threw a rod. I know it's apple's vs oranges, but It's not worth the 4k to me to rush out and fix it.

riverroyal
    thats a good year,im at 30 ish from last september,so maybe 70hrs at one year old

jbtrailerjim
    I didn't buy it for my 496 Mag when my warranty was up. I figured if something was going to break it would have in the first year. Only problem I had was the trim pump solenoid went out on the first trip out. Since then no problems at all. The Mag and Mag Ho seem like a bullet proof engine and drive package.

JB in so cal
    that's 'cause you sleep so late on saturday.
    Get up at 6:00, like the rest of the workers, pool boy!! :2purples:

voodoomedman
    I don't have the boat I want yet..........I have a few skii's and just threw a rod. I know it's apple's vs oranges, but It's not worth the 4k to me to rush out and fix it.
    See that's what I'm talking about though. It doesn't cost 4k to rebuild a jet ski engine. I had it done for like 900 bucks on mine and got it all tricked out with a ported pro-tec head and have to run 100 octane.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast