Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merc Extended Warranty????

jdogginla
    I'm trying very hard to keep a straight face right now.
    Ken is a perfect example.............shit, I think he went thru 2 or 3 of those things. Under factory warranty, but hey......shit happens.

voodoomedman
    It's down to Ultra Stealth 27 and the new Dana 30 I think. I really wanted to pay with as much cash as possible, and finance as little as possible, but the wait is killing me. I actually contacted "Boatloanguy" here on the boards today.
    Nice choices!!!! 27 Shadow or 28 Stealth though??? I'm sure John will hook you up.

jdogginla
    Nice choices!!!! 27 Shadow or 28 Stealth though??? I'm sure John will hook you up.
    Opps........27 Shadow. Typed Stealth, because I was looking at one in a mag while typing. And yeah John has been great. I've talked to him a few times and went to see him once. I try not to bug too much til I'm ready to pull the trigger..........but john is great.

JB in so cal
    105 Hours... Holy crap, do leave it running while your towing it home?
    I have a "fake a lake" attached to the drive; sometimes I sit in the boat while my wife tows us to the storage unit. It's really cool.
    Honestly. We use the crap out of it!
    Since 4/1/05, we've been out every 2 weeks and it includes:wake boarding, skiing',air chair, tubing,and lots of channel cruising!!
    No biggie!!
    ... Can I borrow someones chevron card?

Panic Button
    My motors went out of warrenty and I didn't get the extended, 6 months later one died, the extra year was $637, new long block was $6000.00 plus another $2000 in labor & misc parts. :hammerhea :hammerhea It's a crap shoot on whether to buy it or not.

OutCole'd
    I have a "fake a lake" attached to the drive; sometimes I sit in the boat while my wife tows us to the storage unit. It's really cool.
    Honestly. We use the crap out of it!
    Since 4/1/05, we've been out every 2 weeks and it includes:wake boarding, skiing',air chair, tubing,and lots of channel cruising!!
    No biggie!!
    ... Can I borrow someones chevron card?
    That is a lot of use. Way to go. I've been going out every two weeks for the last two weeks.

rivrbrat
    prices are as follows:
    1 year 997.50
    2 year 1711.50
    3 year 2289.00
    4 year 2835.00
    5 year 3412.50
    I don't abuse it but I don't want to just pay for piece of mind. 997.50 is too much for one year. I would think at least 3-5 if I were to do it.
    '' 3 WORDS Repair cost Option''
    Alright here's the deal after doing a lot of searching for extended warranties and looking for Insurance at the same time '' while our new boat was under construction '' my current agent for home insurance, who had been attempting to get our car insurance business said that i can take care of all of your needs in a one stop deal, there is a little known option that most carriers offer but don't tell you about or don't want to because of the charge back to them if and when you make a claim. ''REPAIR COST OPTION'' it covers the cost of any repair to the insured vehicle or vessel, our cost for this option 0 . To top it off we are only paying 612.00 a year for a 24 foot deck boat with a 500HP motor and XR drive with Ext Hyd streeing and it is all cover under our REPAIR COST OPTION.

voodoomedman
    '' 3 WORDS Repair cost Option''
    Alright here's the deal after doing a lot of searching for extended warranties and looking for Insurance at the same time '' while our new boat was under construction '' my current agent for home insurance, who had been attempting to get our car insurance business said that i can take care of all of your needs in a one stop deal, there is a little known option that most carriers offer but don't tell you about or don't want to because of the charge back to them if and when you make a claim. ''REPAIR COST OPTION'' it covers the cost of any repair to the insured vehicle or vessel, our cost for this option 0 . To top it off we are only paying 612.00 a year for a 24 foot deck boat with a 500HP motor and XR drive with Ext Hyd streeing and it is all cover under our REPAIR COST OPTION.
    Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in finding out if anybody has filed a claim with this kinda thing and had it paid.

rivrbrat
    Season before last our friends wife was out with the girlfriends when she hit a rock. The insurance replaced the drive with a brand new one.... Last season launched their boat without the plugs in it and got it all wet ended up replacing the heads with brand new ones over $3000.00 parts and labor. Cost them a $50.00 deductible..

pixilatedpussy
    The boats a year old and I got the thing in the mail to extend the warranty from Mercruiser. Got a 496 Mag. I take care of all required Maintenance and while I may take it full throttle every on occasion I am not one to constantly run the engine very hard. Considering the cost of these freakin warranties what is everyone's take on paying thousands of dollars to extend????? What could like break and what would it cost if I didn't have the warranty????
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just replaced ours...cylinder 7 died a couple days before our 1 year THANK GOODNESS! It is 1000.00 for a year..I think it is well worth it! :wink:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast