Thread: skip the 91? (Travel advice)

Perfect Mixer
    I know that there are some fellow HBr's in south Orange Co. I have a travel question. We're leaving tomorrow after work for the zoo. I usually take the toll road from San Juan to the 91 to the 15 to the 40. Friday nights are hell on the 91 and 15. Should would it be any easier to hop over the mountain via 74 and take the 15 straight through? Or would be even better off taking the 15 to the 10 and skip the mess before the 215. I'd like to get in before midnight.
    Sam

77charger
    when i lived in south oc i would take ortega to perris blvd then up to the 60 fwy.always under 1.5 hrs.

pixilatedpussy
    I know that there are some fellow HBr's in south Orange Co. I have a travel question. We're leaving tomorrow after work for the zoo. I usually take the toll road from San Juan to the 91 to the 15 to the 40. Friday nights are hell on the 91 and 15. Should would it be any easier to hop over the mountain via 74 and take the 15 straight through? Or would be even better off taking the 15 to the 10 and skip the mess before the 215. I'd like to get in before midnight.
    Sam
    If your leaving any time between 3-6 your Fuc'd...What we found out that works well is suffer a little going down the 91. Travel past the 15 and follow the 215 around into San Bernadino. You will end up on the 15 in Devore. Most of the time it works.. I have many shot cuts in Rancho Cucamunga but this reply would take hours. My best advise LEAVE EARLY!!!!!!!Mr. Pix's :idea:

Krazy K
    A friend of mine was killed in a head-on on Ortega, along with his unborn child. I would never take that highway again to save time. I'd hit the toll road and sit for a little while on the 91 until the 15.
    Man, I am NOT looking forward to the traffic there again...

Perfect Mixer
    So the 10 to rice road isn't worth it? I don't have to tow anything.

Boat Loan Guy
    If you go over the ortega take the 15 to Calico and follow it all the way to Hemet on the Romana express way. Turn left on Sandstrom and follow that to the 10 freeway once on the 10 you can go into bltyhe and take the 95 into parker then havasu. Its a littel bit of a drive but if your not in to sitting in traffic its not bad. I live in Corona and take that way and can make it in a little over 4 hours...with little traffic...

DryHeatOnly
    If you go over the ortega take the 15 to Calico and follow it all the way to Hemet on the Romana express way. Turn left on Sandstrom and follow that to the 10 freeway once on the 10 you can go into bltyhe and take the 95 into parker then havasu. Its a littel bit of a drive but if your not in to sitting in traffic its not bad. I live in Corona and take that way and can make it in a little over 4 hours...with little traffic...
    Another option is to take Cajalco (like BLG said) to the 215 North to the 60 East. The new carpool lane on the 60 is open through Moreno Valley.
    It bypasses all the traffic from the 91/15, 91/60 :supp: , and 60/215 interchanges.
    If you're on the 91 East from OC and it's really bad through Corona and beyond the 15, I'd also consider taking the 15 South 4 1/2 miles to Cajalco. Beware of 15 South traffic though...it can get pretty bad too. At least you can see it before commiting.
    I've taken the Cajalco-->215 route a couple times and thought it was better than sitting in traffic.
    ...did you get all that?

JustMVG
    Try checking this just before you leave http://www.sigalert.com/MapGraphicFo...San+Bernardino
    Or try Traffic411.com