Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CHINA to buy Huffy.

Freak
    Huffy, making bikes for Americans for more than a century, said it had agreed to a reorganisation plan which would allow it to terminate its staff pension plans.
    The company would turn responsibility for the benefits over to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp, a unit of the federal government that insures pension plans.
    They are coming faster and faster now. Like I said - a lower standard of living is coming.
    http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/s...60811,00.html?

wsuwrhr
    To everyone looking for cheaper foreign goods to buy instead of "expensive" US made goods, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
    Buying all of our goods instead of making our own will bite us in the ass.
    I am worried as to what is on the horizon for us.
    Brian
    our high standard of living has cost us plenty, and it will cost us everything later on.

HOSS
    I hate to say it,,,but it might already be too late. Like I said, "this heavy train ain`t just gonna stop on a dime".

cdog
    Huffy sucks anyways. You get made fun of for cruzin one of those. Sucks for american workers. When are we gonna wake up to all of this?

Freak
    LOL in college I managed a bike shop. A big wig for Huffy came in and asked me "why don't you sell Huffy?"
    LOL.. I said "cause Huffy sucks" and he just looked at me and walked out.
    Huffy does suck!!!

bigq
    Huffy, making bikes for Americans for more than a century, said it had agreed to a reorganisation plan which would allow it to terminate its staff pension plans.
    The company would turn responsibility for the benefits over to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp, a unit of the federal government that insures pension plans.
    They are coming faster and faster now. Like I said - a lower standard of living is coming.
    http://business-times.asia1.com.sg/s...60811,00.html?
    I am beginning to think you have more to worry about then your pension. Lets see, China is.......
    Buying up Oil and Oil production capabilities from Canada, Venezuela and the USA.
    Becoming a world economic superpower
    Expanding their military
    The USA is selling off factories fast
    We have extreamly high debt
    Our military is spead all over the world and recruitment is down
    Even American flags are "made in China"
    What does all this equal??????
    We will have no money, we won't be making anything and our military is shrinking which might be good because soon we won't be able to make any tanks, planes, guns for them anyway.
    Some of the biggest empires in history never saw it coming :frown:

superdave013
    When did Huffy ever make anything in the states anyway. It's always been off shore crap. Sounds like some corporate big wigs screwed themselves on this one.
    BTW, GT and Schwinn were bought up by Pacific. Every thing moved off shore. All the I know all guys that worked at GT in Irvine, CA had to hit the streets and get another job.

OutCole'd
    It's amazing that everyone here can see this coming, and NONE of our politicians can. WTF??

HOSS
    Oh they can see it. They don`t care while they have cash.

Heatseeker
    We'd better start brushing up on our Cantonese!
    Our own government(supposedly the most sophisticated on earth!) can't see what is happening here?
    We have no domestic energy source to speak of. We have a rapidly shrinking manufacturing base. And the chinese are buying up everything from bicycle cos., every ounce of steel they can procure, cement by the ship loads, and now petro cos.(the government is all but assuredly going to give their consent on that one too!!!).
    We'll be sitting ducks!
    It's a good thing I enjoy chinese food...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast