Thread: throttle cable bracket?

jwbbuck
    What is the hot setup for throttle cable brackets? I've got the typical foot throttle / morse style cable, but since it's a push-type cable, a typical automotive throttle bracket doesn't seem like it'll work too well. The bracket the holds the end of the cable is too high to work the correct (bottom) end of the plate on the end of the throttle shaft. Does someone make a throttle bracket with this in mind, or do I need to modify / fabricate one?

Havasu Hangin'

Jungle Boy
    Havasu,
    Excellent work. I was going to attempt to describe the flat aluminum one. This is the good stuff that this board can bring.
    Jungle

Havasu Hangin'
    Thanks JB...us SBC guys gotta stick together...and besides...
    ..."even a broken clock is right twice a day."
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy25.gif

Hallett19
    I have the first one pictured in anaodized blue, rex marine, I think it was 40 bucks, its a good piece and fits every carb, and I use the very bottom piece to hold me cable in place. good times.

Moomawnster
    I fabricated my own bracket out of aluminum plate and bolted it to the motor lift bracket on the manifold , this allows me to lift the motor without removing 2 manifold bolts like the stock item required. after seeing the other replys I like them better ! ........mawnster