Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Offshore Boats....

HOSS
    Had a friend with one. Heavy boat. Single mill. Rode great. 78 mph OTD. Procharged was a mid 80`s run. Bang for buck I think they are great. Especially for the visual. But I`d rather have a V bottom in that price range and speed.

dimarcobros
    Isn't that Drew Down's boat from the boards?
    DMB

FASTERDAMITT
    Just read this ***boat review from 1997 on the 2600 with the upgrades and all..it was $55,640.00 doing 90mph..with the procharger upgrade...and look what there worth now!! The market really took a jump...
    http://www.american-offshore.com/Art...7/febindex.htm
    That article was my boat. I put better heads, ignition and turned up the boost to be 100+. Great boat. Miss it.

acatitude
    AO had many problems the last few years, of which I have personal knowledge but wont get into. If this is an older AO, say 4 years or more you probably will get a boat built by older owners. As previous stated here yes jail fraud are high on the list. Mine had many gel problems lousy rigging spare old parts thrown in and 1/2 the stuff never worked and no recourse.
    Like I said if an older AO its probably a good one, i see its not an nsx. They are a fast boat, light layup, check the gel and bonding real close. fasterdamits is an older AO, when they were made right. good luck. just my .02, but been there done that, not pretty dealing with them in Texas.
    Id never own another, theres a howard cat somewhere on here thats 10x the boat the AO is. you get what you pay for

acatitude
    Just loooked at pics. Says its a 2004, right in the end of all the shit that was going on. I WOULD NOT TOUCH THAT BOAT.
    HH the AO bottom on the 26 is exactly the same as the howard 26 cat. they are a splash, actually I believe Howard copied it from the older AO, which came as you say from Talon and The old Chris Craft cats. AO was one hell of a ride in the early 90's. they were the big dog in that size boagt but have taken a major dive. I would stay away from them and stick with a proven, elim, howard, force, carrera. there are way to many nice used boats around . Good Luck, like I said just my .02. fasterdammits was a nice boat, but 1997 aint 2005. forget that article, christ , its 8 years old and I think 3 owners later. If you have to deal with Ed or NIck, hide your wallet and run.

djunkie
    Hey NOTALENT. If your really serious about a boat like this I'd seriously look at this one.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ghlight=howard

Up 4 River
    Isn't that Drew Down's boat from the boards?
    DMB
    I've seen the boat up close and Drew's kept it really clean. Sweet looking boat and sounds just as good as it looks.

NOTALENT
    Hey NOTALENT. If your really serious about a boat like this I'd seriously look at this one.
    not to serious yet..I have to sell my boat first. We dropped the motor in mine last night..just finishing the rest today.I have been looking at the howards, elim daytonas, HTM, and kachinas I havent heard much about the AO..but I read the review and thought I would look into them...I love the all white gel...always instyle!

acatitude
    NOTALENT this is the boat I was refering to. DOnt buy that AO till you look at this Howard. you will never be sorry and the resale will stay up.

djunkie
    not to serious yet..I have to sell my boat first. We dropped the motor in mine last night..just finishing the rest today.I have been looking at the howards, elim daytonas, HTM, and kachinas I havent heard much about the AO..but I read the review and thought I would look into them...I love the all white gel...always instyle!
    Well I learned a long time ago that looks can be decieving. I'd spend a little more money and stick to something with a great reputation. You be better on the long run.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast