Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I know, I know....

sigepmock
    the one where Ultra set up the family for a "last " vacation?? Yep.... I have no doubt John didnt even think twice about it. Fact is...this whole MAgic BS is his fault....he should have come out with a deck boat by now.....
    I think I'll wait. Again sorry about the bad time with Magic.
    Chris

Freak
    That's a nice boat. Sorry about your problems. I have read a lot of bitch'in about Magic over the years on here.

UnionJack
    C'mon, didn't Darrel explain that? You pay for the bolts and nuts. Tightening is optional! Don't be such a tightwad next time.
    That's cool, maybe they should use more zip ties

phebus
    Do you think the loose motor mount bolts could have effected the position of the motor and effected drive alignment?

NashvilleBound
    Do you think the loose motor mount bolts could have effected the position of the motor and effected drive alignment?
    No, the 4 going through the stringer were snug but not tight....the two going into the hardware were tight but the two vertical bolts the nut was just floating there. No possible movement.....I need to get in behind the motor still but have run ooutta time. Everything else on the sled is tight now. ANNDDDD...I replaced all the lights with LED's from River Dave.... all in about 10 minutes to do it and Magic quoted me $800 for the option....

BADBLOWN572
    Not if everything else was tight. If the bottom nuts and the adjustmensts on the motor are tight, it shouldnt have moved.
    The funny thing is that with loose bolts, it tells me that they were not using impacts to put the bolts in. We always used impacts and Nylocks on all motor mount bolts that way it won't ever loosen up. Hmm.... Doesn't make sense. Not only is an impact better, it is also quicker and easier.

djunkie
    Anybody seen that thread about Ultra????
    All kidding aside I think it's BS. Magic is going to face the same fate as a lot of boat builders as soon as the market slows down. I've been kicking around the idea of upgrading to the Magic 28 Deckboat but this thread has convinced me to wait for John and Ultra to come out with theirs. Can't believe you could spend that kind of money on a boat and have to deal with these problems.
    Chris
    Or maybe wait for that HOWARD deck boat.

Froggystyle
    No, i think the pixie dust was in...it was all over the engine compartment and storage areas....nobody ever vacuumed them out. they were covered with fiberglass chips and shavings.....
    All of a sudden waiting a couple months doesn't seem like that big a deal, huh?
    And people wonder why I am so anal about finish work....

KACHINA KEN
    lol...stop it...your making me laugh and I'm still pissed.....
    It's just the shakedown period NB, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless you checked it all out yourself anyhow, you know I'm right.

Froggystyle
    It's just the shakedown period NB, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night unless you checked it all out yourself anyhow, you know I'm right.
    BS... shoddy workmanship is just that. If there is a bolt tightening problem after several hours of use, they need to put those hours on the boat and go through it before delivery. It isn't like it is their first rodeo here... they have built a boat or two.
    I can't believe what the consumers on this board let manufacturers get away with... Shakedown period???? Imagine your $130,000 Mercedes doing that. Or anything built by a reputable company for that matter...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast