Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I know, I know....

OutCole'd
    BS... shoddy workmanship is just that. If there is a bolt tightening problem after several hours of use, they need to put those hours on the boat and go through it before delivery. It isn't like it is their first rodeo here... they have built a boat or two.
    I can't believe what the consumers on this board let manufacturers get away with... Shakedown period???? Imagine your $130,000 Mercedes doing that. Or anything built by a reputable company for that matter...
    Just think Wes, in a few short months, threads like this will be like free advertising for you.

djunkie
    I find it amazing that I have read about people bragging about their boat being built in short periods of time. Then the people who don't get theirs in a short period of time complain also. If I was building a new boat I would want them to take as much time as needed. As long as I won't have to go around and nut and bolt everything, I'll wait a little longer.

riverroyal
    my magics been good,but I will check everything real soon.Ive kinda just figured everything was ok,but that may be stupid of me

NorCal Gameshow
    NB, when I read this post the first thing that came to mind was:
    I get into AZ after driving 30 hours across this wonderful country of ours and walk into the salesroom. I introduced myself to my salesman, that knew I was coming, and he told me he was too busy right then to help me but to come back tomorrrow.

Infomaniac
    I had a brand new boat that always had a bad gasoline smell to it. After pulling some interior to install speakers found the vent tube for the gas tank was never hooked up. The gas tank was venting into the space behind the interior in the gunnels. :notam:

NashvilleBound
    Wes, ya, a few months now will seem like nothing. The sled will be fine, just pisses me off to no end that they can get away with this. NOBODY ever gave me any inkling that things were like this. I'll get over it by doing it all myself to make sure its right. By thee time I got to the motor mounts I was talking to myself...cussing...it was special. I checked all sorts of stuff...since I had to tear apart the front half anyways.... everything else looked industry standard...not Trident or Ultra standard, but industry...
    Norcal....yup...where it all started...
    Ken, your right...course your always right :notam:

Essex29
    What did Magic have to say about this? Do they know?One of their reps is on the boards her and I'm sure he has seen this thread....
    You wouldn't accept it if you were buying a new car from ANY mfg, why do you accept it from a boat mfg? :hammer2:

KACHINA KEN
    ouch, guess I'll just go sit in the corner now.

Norseman
    Come on guys...no jokes here...I am trying to stay in the frowning pissed off mode and your not helping....
    I did find a few "free" shop rags stuffed into the sponson.... I guess that should be good enough since they didnt have any shirts....
    Maybe the shirts will magically appear>>>>

Norseman
    No, i think the pixie dust was in...it was all over the engine compartment and storage areas....nobody ever vacuumed them out. they were covered with fiberglass chips and shavings.....
    I thought you said they didn't give you any freebees???? :jawdrop:
    Not every customer gets Magic fiberglass chips and shavings.. :2purples: :2purples:
    I think I'd be on the phone about now with Magic and a couple of good lawyers!! :boxingguy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast