Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fathers rights question?

doesitfloat?
    One thing to weigh before dragging her to court is your current financial support situation. Everytime you go into court, it's an opportunity (for both sides) to review the current financial arrangement (or establish one). You may "win" the summer vacation custody and "lose" the financial side by having to pay more over the whole year.
    Talk to a lawyer b4 doing anything. Good luck...

sdpm
    You said that she has been pretty good on everything so far. Why is she saying no to this? Is there something or someone that she doesn't like? Has something changed? Does she feel that you are trying to make them like you more than her? Did you go to these places with her? Why did she say no? Ask her and don't settle for " because I just don't want them too". I'm sorry for you guys and especially for the kids! Good luck.

Flyinbowtie
    Lots of good advice here.
    If you are forced in to court to get an order for joint custody, or to get an existing order modified, do yourself a favor and do not allow the phrase "when mutually agreed upon" to appear in place of specific dates and times.
    If it gets to the point that you need a court order, it is because you are not able to mutually agree upon things, and vague or non-specific court orders are impossible for the cops to enforce or decipher. If you want specific weeks every summer, put them in the order, ie "3rd full week of August commmencing on Sunday night at 5 pm". If you want specific weekends, put them in the order. Saying, "Every other weekend" and things that are subject to mulitple different interpretations create grief for everybody involved.
    Things like, "1st and third full weekends of the month, commencing at 5 pm on Friday and terminating at 10pm on Sunday" or "Father to have custody on even numbered birthdays, mother to have custody on odd numbered birthdays," makes thinkgs very clear for everyone, nobody's feelings get hurt and you can make plans far in advance..just my .02cents from being stuck in the middle trying to read these orders and make a decision about who goes where on Friday night at 8pm on the start of Christmas or spring break....
    Also, be aware that most custody orders will require you to clear it with the court or the other party before taking the kids out of state...

SummitKarl
    at this point you have NO!!!!!!!!rights
    get a FEMALE att. in this matter. you can thank me later
    I will say no more or this board will light up

coolchange
    If you need a good female atty PM me. She has helped many friends get custody. Plan on $500 to consult. with a total of $2500 to go to court. She's in Encino.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12