Thread: Please Help, Need Opinions, Advise

1SweetGMC
    I have been look at this boat and like it allot, but can't get over it's price. The hull is in very good condition, gel has a nice finish & no stress cracks.
    What do you guys think about Bahners?
    Ad Reads:
    1979 BAHNER 19', SHALLOW V, 496 MOTOR, 600+ HP, ROSS PISTONS, MUIRLAND HEADS, BERKELEY JET W/PLACE DEBITER, TUNNEL RAM, DUAL 850 DEAMON CARBS, NEW BASSET HEADERS, TOO MUCH TO LIST, $9000 W/MOTOR
    Thanks for you opinions!

jpeaston
    whats the gps reading? cause thats the first thing you gonna have to fix!

victorfb
    borrow a GPS and have the guy take you out in it. see how it handles, runs, ect. have him hammer it and make sure it is as sound as he claims. $9000 is alot of money, but for a clean jet boat i think its fair in this market. if it does what he claims then you can start trusting him to some extent. hard to see whats going on inside the motor and pump but with the test run you should get a good idea of its performance. if he wont hammer it for a speed run, pass on it. he is probably affraid the motor will blow and thats not want you want. if everything feels good, sounds good, and looks good, make him an offer. there are a few Bahner owners on here and can probably tell you alot more about how it should ride.